011

A warning: the story is going to get very graphic from here on out. Sensitive topics will be touched on frequently such as sexual assault, sexual abuse, micro aggressions, murder, much more aggressive abuse, as well as other things. I will always put a warning at the beginning of chapters that contain these things as my readers' comfort is a top priority <3

The first two days of the conference went fairly smooth. There weren't any major problems, not even when Nyoko talked about how unfair the agreement was. She was met with understanding and Sanzu saying since he held the highest position at the table he'd speak to their boss directly, which made Nyoko smile and thank him.

Akane was of no trouble really, as she was serious when it came to work matters. Especially if it was going to affect her and Nyoko's department. Sure she was a bit of a distraction at times but it was nothing major.

So it is now Sunday, and Ran was having a dilemma. During the first two days of the conference Nyoko had become curious about what type of "company" Bonten was since they were in need of so much fire power. Each time she brought it someone would somehow find a way to redirect the conversation, to which Ran was very thankful. He didn't want Nyoko to give up on him before giving him a proper chance. But that's not the main point.

Ran's dilemma was it was the day they were supposed to go on their date but he hadn't a clue what they were going to do. He doubted Nyoko wanted to go to another restaurant and taking them to one of Bonten's clubs would be unsafe. There was no amusement parks in town currently and he doubted Nyoko would want to take a two hour flight to Kyoto just to go to the beach for a few hours, so as he sat at the conference table not listening to what Kokonoi saying when he realized he was flat out of ideas. But that was not an excuse because he made a promise and he was going to keep it.

"Mr. Haitani? The conference is complete. We've been trying to get your attention for almost five minutes, are you alright?"

Ran looked up at Nyoko as they stood over him looking slightly concerned. He looked up at the younger with a wiry smile.

"I'm okay, angel. Just thinking."

"What about? It seems to be troubling you."

Ran thought about his words carefully because just outright saying "you" could seem mean, and if he didn't give a damn about anyone's feelings he surely cares about Nyoko's.

"Our date, I have unfortunately not figured out what we'll be doing so I can't tell you what to wear."

Nyoko smiled softly, causing Ran's heart to swell full to the brim.

"Don't think about it too much, it need not to be fancy. I'll be satisfied as long as I'm with you, Ran."

That pretty smile never leaving because they were being truthful, they really didn't care as long as they were with Ran and having a good time. Ran stood up and that caused Nyoko to crane their neck up.

"I know that, but I still want it to be special as it's our first date. Okay, wait I think I've got it! Museum of Old Europe first then I'll cook for you. Yes, perfect!"

He looked so excited, proud of himself. Nyoko giggled softly and took hold of Ran's as she lead him out of the conference room. Ran was going to do the rest of the leading as Bonten Company's office lay out was too confusing for Nyoko to remember.

"It sounds wonderful already, so what do I wear?"

"Something elegant yet comfortable, easy to take off too."

Nyoko looked up at Ran who was already looking down at them. The look he was giving her was enough to tell her why he made that specific request. They broke the eye contact first and looked at the wall as they walked.