morning

*/written in second person POV 

*/fluff

Your phone alarm rang. You had never had such a good night's sleep until your girlfriend came back home. Your hand reached the nightstand at your side and turned the annoying alarm off. You rubbed your eyes and looked at your phone that said 6:30 am. You had class at 8. You untangled yourself from your girlfriend's hands, slowly and carefully, to not wake her up. She had worn out from work. She had been filming overseas for a few months before coming back to New York. You wanted to let her rest well before starting with her holiday.

"Don't go," she mumbled. She pulled you in and wrapped her hands and legs around you like a koala hugging a tree. You loved seeing your girlfriend so clingy. She portrayed herself as a strong and independent woman in front of the public, but deep down, she is just a little kid who loves cuddles and kisses. She reserves her vulnerable self for you because you are the only one that could give her security like waves finally meet the shore. Her childish and innocent self makes you want to protect her at all costs from this cruel dark world.

You wished you could throw away every responsibility on your back and hold on tight to her, especially during winter days. The contact of your skin on her velvety smooth one was the most effective and the only heat source that you guys longed for. The heat kept between you guys was the perfect temperature, not as hot as the tropical weather in your home country, but it was at the optimum level to fight off the winter cold. You did not want to escape the warmth spot too, but you had to go. You hated traffic in NYC for being so busy every morning, which made you sacrificed the precious time you could have spent with your beloved girlfriend.

"Scarlett, honey, I have class," you tapped on her forearm, signaling her to let you go. However, she went the other way. She held you closer and tighter. It was like she wanted to suffocate you so she could keep you eternally. You knew you could not fight her strength as she had been training for her new action movie. You had only one move to choose — coaxing her.

"Just skip it," she groaned and pressed her forehead against your back. You giggled a little at her cute whine. You turned to face her and hugged her. You loved this cutie pie so much. You stroked her back with your right hand and held her head to your shoulder with your left. She moved a little closer and buried her face in your chest.

"Your girl needs to study to graduate college. Don't you wanna see your girl finally graduating college?" I asked tenderly, like taming a child who is throwing a tantrum.

"Skipping class for a day won't affect anything. You have a 4.0 GPA anyway," she replied. She turned her head up and looked at you with a doe-eyed look and her lips drawn downwards and pouting outwards. Her face was so adorable at that moment. You wanted to preserve it so you could look at it when you are down to cheer you up. You were a sucker for that look.

"I have to, baby. Don't make me a bad student," you told her. Her grip on you loosened. She turned her back on you. She snatched away all the blanket with her, leaving you exposed to the extreme weather and the coldness of reality. She curled herself up into the fetal position like a cocoon. You tried to sneak into the blanket, but she kicked you out of the bed and threw a pillow at you.

"Somebody doesn't love me now," she said whiningly.

You knew she was pretending to be mad at you. So, you came up with an idea to convince her. You crawled into the bed again and scooped the baby in the fluffy blanket up. You cradled her and showered her with kisses on her face. She tried to hide from them, but her hands were trapped inside the blanket. She fought for her freedom by kicking and wiggling like an earthworm. Both of you lost your balance and fell onto the bed, with her lying on her back while you supported yourself with your hands to avoid crashing into her face. She chuckled. She freed her hands from the fluffy blanket and put them around your neck. She pulled you closer, but still maintain a little distance so your lips would not touch. She knew how to pull at your heartstring. She knew how to persuade you. She knew you like the back of her hand. She knew you like her favorite book.