Chapter 1: Howelters

"Dil!" I yelled, as I stood waiting for my five year old son to come down the stairs of our apartment. (Yes I am aware that Dil is five I just wanted him younger.) "Coming daddy!" The little boy ran down the stairs and stumbled while jumping off the last one. "Dil!" Phil said frantically. "You're gonna hurt yourself!" "Sorry Papa." He said looking at the ground. "Oh Phil, lighten up. The boy just wants to have fun!" I said rolling my eyes. "Sorry it's just its his first day of school, and excuse me if I'm nervous!" Phil said flailing his hands in the air. "He'll be fine." I said pecking Phil's cheek lightly. Phil blushed. "Oh Daniel." "Come on dad's I don't wanna be late!" Dil said gesturing to the door. "Well he obviously doesn't take after me," I said looking at Phil. "He actually cares about being late!" "I'm shocked." Phil said putting a hand to his mouth. "Here." I said giving Dil his small Pokemon backpack. "Thanks daddy!" He said. I smiled, he looked so cute in his little backpack. "Come on." Phil said walking us out the door. "So," I said to Dil, who was now chasing after a butterfly around in circles. "Are you excited for your first day of school?" "Excited?" He said to me still chasing the butterfly. "I'm more than that! I'm enthusiastic!" "He sure does have your long expanse of vocabulary Dan!" Phil said still walking to the car in the driveway. "What can I say I'm very articulate!" I smiled. He looked so happy, chasing the butterfly around and around until he was dizzy and fell. "Come on you two, Dil will be late if you don't hurry up!" Phil opened the door and Dil climbed in, he put out a hand and gave something to Phil. "What's this?" He asked sweetly. "A flower." Dil said, his green eyes twinkling in the sunlight. It was just a dandelion, but to Phil it was so much more. "Thank you." Phil said and placed the dandelion in the cup holder. "Whenever I see this flower I will think of you." Phil kissed Dil's cheek and sat back into the front drivers seat. "Off to school?" I asked. "Off to school." Phil replied, and we sped off down the road.