Chapter 12: Love Comes In Many Forms

Later that day Matt was suppose to come over with his parents, and soon enough the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" Dil yelled running down the stairs. He ran up to the door and opened it. A small boy with a blue t-shirt and black jeans stood at the doorway with his parents. He had sparkling emerald eyes and his dirty blonde hair brushed slightly across his face. "Hi Matt!" Dil said waving. Matt waved back. "Hey Dil!" I looked at Matt's parents. The father was looking around the townhouse, as if exploring with his eyes. And the lady, well, she was just glaring at Phil, who had his arm around my waist, and I. I walked over, since if felt it would be good to socialize with other people. "Hello." I said, waving to Matt's parents. "My name is Dan. I'm Dil's father." The man smiled, but the lady just kept glaring at me and occasionally glancing to Phil who was a couple meters behind me. "I'm Preston, Matt's father." I nodded. "Where's Dil's mum?" The woman asked coldly. *scoff* Rude much? "Um." I said, panicking. Then, Phil came over and stood beside me. "I guess you could say I am, but what's so bad about a boy having two dads?" He asked. The lady rumpled up her nose. "Well, it breaks what it's suppose to be like. Your love is wrong." She said, boldly. Phil suddenly turned red and I saw rage form in his eyes. "If you wanna talk crap about Dan and I!" He yelled, making sure the kids couldn't hear as they had run upstairs to Dil's room to play, but still loud enough to get his point across. "Then fine! Just do it anywhere but my house! Now, if you are so upset about us! Then there's the door." He firmly stated, pointing to the door. She grunted. "All I'm saying is that-" she was cut abruptly off by Phil. "There's. The. Door." I chimed in at this point. "Love comes in many forms. No matter what. Love is love, and sexuality doesn't matter. That's what someone wise once told me." I looked over to Phil and he smiled a gorgeous smile. "Whatever, I'm going to the car." She then left. Preston stayed and chatted with us as Dil and Matt played for a couple hours until he had to go. "Thanks for having us over!" Preston said waving as he and Matt left. "Come again!" Phil said. "We will!" Preston replied. And then they sped away. "How was the play date?" I asked Dil. He looked up to me. "It went fine, I guess." He said. I was confused. "What do you mean fine?" Dil shrugged. "Dunno, I guess I wouldn't say it was 'the most fun I ever had.'" (Referencing PINOF 1 there!)
Yup, he was great.