Chapter 7: Driving Dil

That morning I was supposed to take Dil to school. "So you're sure you can do this?" Phil asked cautiously handing me the keys. I sighed. "Yes Phil, for the hundredth time, yes!" Phil hesitated once more, than gave up, and handed over the keys. "You better be, I'm trusting you." I smirked, then leaned in and lightly kissed his cheek. "I love you." I said. He smiled and raised a finger in the air. "If anything is to happen though, give me a call." "Okay G.I Joe." I mocked. He rolled his eyes and walked back into the house. Dil ran past Phil as they both made their ways through the door. "Sorry Papa!" He said, running towards the car. "Come on Dil!" I exclaimed. "Get in the car, we'll be late if you don't." Dil hopped into the backseat setting his small Pokemon backpack onto the right side of the seats. "Why isn't papa taking me today?" Dil asked as I started the car. "Because, Dil, Papa is very busy and has work to do. Like you have school, Papa and I have work." Dil nodded and rested his head against the window, his dark brown hair slightly falling over his face as he did so. "So," I asked. "Are you excited for school today?" I smiled, showing Dil that I was interested in what he had to say. "Yes, I am. We get to learn about squids today!" His head perked up and he smiled, showing the gap of missing teeth in the front of his mouth. "That's cool. You know," I replied. "Papa has always been a sort of animal expert/fanatic! He used to tell me all these random facts when we were younger and lived in London together." I watched the road as I spoke. "Daddy?" Dil asked. "What's your favorite animal?" I thought for a moment, then, with no more hesitation I said, "Either llamas or alpacas." Dil smiled. "I like them too. But I mostly like tigers." I nodded. "You know, your Dad likes lions. A lot." Dil laughed. "I know!" He said. "He lets me use his lion stuffed animals!" I nodded, still keeping my full attention on the road ahead of me. The traffic wasn't to bad that day, but you can never be to careful. "Daddy?" Dil asked. "Who's your favorite cartoon character?" I without a pause blurted out, "Winnie the Pooh Bear!" Dil smiled. "I like him. He's very, articulate." I smiled. Dil was to cute.

A/n: Hello everyone, new chapter yay! Anywho, please give me some ideas on what to have in this book, as it would be nice to have some suggestions. But I guess I'll see you later! Bye! 😉