Chapter 18

"Dil Howelter." The teacher stated over the microphone. I watched as my son stood up in his long black gown and walked up onstage to get his diploma. I felt tears gather in my eyes.

This was the boy Phil and I had raised. I remembered his first day of school, when he first learned to walk and talk, when he first met his friends, and when I first held him in my arms.

He swept across the stage and was handed the diploma. He shook his teacher's and principal's hands, then walked back off the stage. I looked over to Phil and we both exchanged the same look.

A look of pride.

This was the son we had raised, we had raised him well. I handed Phil a tissue, since he was crying at this point, and kissed his cheek softly. He stared at me and cried. I gave him a hug and rubbed his back.

"It's okay honey," I said calmly. "Just let it out. This is a big moment for Dil."

After a long while of watching the ceremony, we were dismissed and allowed to go visit and congratulate our children. Phil and I spent a long time looking for Dil, actually more than I intended, until we finally spotted him.

He turned around and saw us. His eyes lit up and he had the biggest smile on his face. He rushed over and jumped into Phil's arms. They hugged each other tightly, refusing to let go.

"Papa," Dil whispered softly. "I did it." Phil smiled and hugged Dil even tighter. "I knew you could Dilly, I knew you could."

I saw Tabitha and her parents and waved at them. They smiled and waved back, then continued talking with each other.

After Phil and Dil had finished talking, Dil came over to me and gave me a hug. A wave of emotion his me as I remembered him hugging me on his last day of kindergarten, hugging me when he started middle school, when he broke up with his first girlfriend, and when he needed me.

He looked at me, the same way he had since when he was a toddler, and smiled the same smile I knew he had. "I love you dad." He said. I smiled widley and embraced him into my arms.

"I love you too, Dilcakes."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

A/N: Hey guys! So, that's the end. :) I've been writing this story for maybe a year or two now, but I think it's finally time to end it. Thank you to everyone who's supported me through this whole book, if you wanna still read some of my stories, I'm writing a Frerard fanfic right now and a Peterick one as well. Anyways, thank you all, have a lovely day! Stay classy and sassy. - Abbey ^_^