Chapter 1- The beginning

One day earlier...

I'm Sofie Robertson. I'm popular and one of the most gorgeous girls in the entire school. Most of the guys fall for my auburn hair, green eyes, and complex body. I mean, who can blame them. I would classify myself in the "Christian Group". I go to church almost every Wednesday, but I do go every Sunday. I read my bible every few months. Yes, I am what you would call a Christian.

I'm walking down the hallway of Fortson High school. My wannabes, Annabelle and Josie, are on my sides talking about the next party. I'm not really paying any attention because I am texting my boyfriend, Fredrick.

"So Sofie, are you going to Christina's party? I hear it's going to be fun!" Josie teases.

"Come on Josie, I'm going to go, promise," I reply.

Annabelle giggles. "Sure, that's what you said the last time. Remember? And possibly this time you can go with Steven,"

I laugh. My parents are very strict about what I do. I really don't care about what they say. I mean, I know I'm not going to get in any trouble. They also don't like the choice of boys I go out with. Steven has been my friend for years and he goes to the same church as I do. He really isn't my type, but for my parents, he is the first choice.

"Trust me, last time I had to go to bible study, and Fredrick just broke up with me."

They laugh and go to their next class. I, however, go to my locker to get some of my books. I open up my pink decorated locker and look for my chemistry book. Suddenly my locker closes and Steven scoots in between my locker and I. Man, what is up with boys these days closing girls lockers?

"Yes Steven, what do you want?" I ask, knowing what Steven is going to ask.

"I was wondering if you could go to Christina's party with me. We could just go as friends, if you want," he reassures me.

I think for a moment. I really don't feel like driving there and also I am now single. I guess I could go with him, I think.

Also Steven isn't even bad looking. He has dark brown hair and beautiful eyes. He's a little bit taller than me and his smile brightens up my day all the time. Maybe I do have a little crush on him.

"Since you ask me out almost everyday, sure I would love to go with you," I smile.

His big brown eyes stares into my eyes and his big grin on his face makes my insides melt. He blushes and leaves to go to his class. He turns around and waves. I find myself turning red and running late for class.

Bring!

Dang it, I am running late for class.

&&&&&&&&&&

"Sweety, are you going to bible study today?!" my mom asks from upstairs.

I'm sitting on the couch, watching Duck Dynasty. My little sister, Grace, is on the computer watching Youtube videos. My dad is working like always and my mom is getting ready for church. As always.

I roll my eyes. "No mom, I'm going to Christina's house. Steven is going to pick me up!" I reply.

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

"What are you going to do at Christina's house? You know that I don't like her. She is nothing but trouble and you know that," my mom asked curiously.

I gulp. If my mom finds out that I'm going to a party that isn't your regular birthday party, she will kill me.

Just tell her that you are going to do a project for chemistry, a thought pops in my head.