Chapter 7- It's Mandatory

One year later...

"Hello America and you are listening to RTV Radio. I'm Thomas Ferring your host. There will be a meeting tonight the entire world is going to see. Fersonda Zhuravlev, our savior, is going to give a wonderful speech. Also, the mark, 666, is now in your local stores. It is now mandatory. If you don't the mark, you won't be able to buy or sell goods. If you don't have the mark, you will be arrested. This is very serious, America. Now with our local weather report with Dawn-" Steven cuts the radio off.

I sigh. This is the end. I just hope we don't get caught. They have us on their records and everything. Please Lord, help us get through this," I pray.

We finished our underground shelter. There are many tunnels and escape ways. There is even a pantry for all of our food.

"Where is Tara? She should be here," Steven asks.

He's right. Where is Tara? Then I remember that she had to do some things.

"She said she had to pack some bags. She will be over here in just a little while," I say.

He breathes with relief. I go in my room. It is not really good. It just has boards all around the room. All I do have is a cot with a small blanket. Right beside me is my bible.

I pick up my bible and turn to Revelation 6:1-2.

"Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, "Come." I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer."

I don't really understand what that means, but as I read it over and over, I realize that it's talking about the beast. The Antichrist.

I hear a knock at the door. I back away from the door, just in case it is an intruder. I can hear Steven opening the door.

"It's alright, Sofie. It's just Tara," Steven says.

I sigh in relief. What could of taken so long? I ask myself.

I go out of my room and Tara gives me a hug. I hug her back, while looking at Steven. She is squeezing the life out of me. It's like I can't breathe. I give him a "Can you please get her off of me?" look.

"Sorry it took me so long. I had to get ready and the streets are busy full of people," Tara says, getting off of me.

"So, you know about the mark. Yes. Everyone is going to get one. We have to make sure we don't get near anyone. Right now, we can't trust anyone. Come now, Tara. Let me show you around," Steven says, picking up Tara's suitcases.

I want to walk with them, but decide to stay back. Steven doesn't really know Tara. I basically describe her to him whenever Tara and I talk on the phone. She only came by three times, and that was only when we worked on the shelter. I decide to let them have alone time. Just not too much "alone" time.