Chapter 3- The Thoughts, The Dreams

"And in the bible it says that all non believers are going to stay down here on earth and all the believers are going up to heaven. As you can see in our world today, we are close to the rapture. In the bible, it says that some of the signs that the rapture is near if there are wars and rumors of wars. We can tell that is happening because of Isis and America," the preacher says.

I roll my eyes. This preacher keeps going nonstop and church to me is boring.

I sneak my phone next to me and Josie sends me a text.

Hey, when you're done with church, Annabelle, me, and a few others are going out to eat at McDonalds. Do you wanna come? Please?

I smile. Ok, I'll meet you there at around 1:30.

I hit send and get comfortable in my seat. I put my head on my mom's shoulder, but she lifts it up.

"No sleeping in church. You're not a little girl, grow up please," she whispers in my ear.

I sit up straight and feel a buzz in my hand.

Josie texts me back, Okay, we'll see you there!

I put in a smiley face emoji and put my phone in my purse.

"I can't make you become a Christian. Neither can your parents, or your friends. If you feel as if God is tugging at your heart, then come. Ask Jesus in your heart and he will save you. He will rescue you. Come, come, come."

Come. Those words are glued inside my head. I missed my chance and I'm still here.

Then the church disappears and I can't see anything. The only thing I can see is a creature.

The creature looks evil. Frightening. Wicked. He is dressed in all black. His clothes are dirty rags. He wears a villainous smile on his red, ugly face.

"You had a chance to be with your family, your church friends. Instead you decide to follow the crowd. My crowd. It's all your fault and you will have to bear the wrath of the tribulation. You and your hypocrite friend, Steven. You will bear the mark of the beast, and you will forever be mine," the repugnant creature says.

He laughs at me and his laugh sounds like thunder. Like a herd of one hundred horses running a million miles an hour.

I cover my ears and scream, "No! No! No!"

I wake up. The creature was all a dream. I can feel balls of sweat dripping down my face. I look around. My bedroom isn't really big. The bed is small with a sky blue blanket and a dresser right beside me. I guess this is Steven's house.

"Sofie, is everything alright? I heard you screaming and I came as quickly as I could," Steven says. He sits on my bed and I hug him.

"Oh Steven, it was awful. I saw this creature, and it was ugly, and-" Steven cuts me off.

"It's going to be ok. We will be alright," Steven says, trying to comfort me.

I still see the image of the creature in my head. The way he laughed at me and the way he glared into my eyes.

"I need to tell you something. Before you screamed, I was having a terrible nightmare too. I was thinking of all the ways I could of came to the Lord. So, I became a Christian today. I knelt down on my knees and prayed. Before you screamed, I had a peaceful dream. And it was about us. We were in heaven, with our families eating a big feast together," Steven said.

I am now really confused. I gave my life to Christ yesterday and I am still having nightmares. When Steven, on the other hand, gave his life to Christ today and he is had good dreams. Then it hits me. The creature was the devil. He tried to tempt me. He was really close in doing it too.

Steven kisses the top of my head and leaves the room.

"Good night. Maybe tomorrow we can do some things together. Just the two of us," Steven says.

I smile and he closes the door. I lay my head on the soft pillow and drifted off to sleep.