Afterword

It's currently 9pm where I am and I am treating myself to a whisky having completed the epilogue to this fic. Even though I won't be publishing it until tomorrow morning, my stomach is still in knots.

For a really long time, I had actually decided I was going to give Her Maiden multiple endings - good, bad and neutral, because I suppose I was A) unsure of my own direction/what I wanted out of the ending and B) absolutely terrified that a singular ending I settled on would end up being a dud to the readers.

As I continued to write, however, I feel like I got swept up in a current that steered me towards a certain conclusion and I hope you will forgive me for just going with it. It felt natural, intuitive, so I can only hope it reads that way too... (though I am properly shitting it that it may not). Eek.

It feels really strange to bring it all to an end. I can already tell I'm going to miss the presence of this story in my daily life - because it provided me with such a fantastic outlet, an escape, when things were at best, incredibly dull or at worst, overwhelming.

I hope that it can provide that same sense of escape for the people who have read it also, even if it is merely a smutty fanfic, ultimately.

Still, I had so much fun writing it and genuinely enjoyed the journey so much, from first dipping my toe in the water with the first few chapters, to fully getting engrossed in the world and creating a (hopefully) fully-fledged story arc.

If you've made it all the way here, reader, thank you so much for accompanying me on that journey and I truly hope that you enjoyed reading the story as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Thank you to the four IRL friends I confided in about this fic - they often helped me bounce ideas around and also put up with me going on and on about Wattpad, Lady D and the many blocks/challenges/choices I faced. Cheers guys, your patience truly knows no bounds.

Finally, thank you so much to all the Wattpad folks that stuck around to read my story, who voted, commented, encouraged me and kept me motivated to finish the damn thing!

I am looking forward to writing more lesbian-centered dark romance stories, with, of course, a supernatural/occult angle to them. If you liked this story, maybe consider giving me a follow so you can be there to read whatever I end up creating next, but if not, that's cool too and I am still so grateful for your support!

...I hope the ending to the book reads more smoothly than the ending to this afterword... I have no idea how to wrap this up, so I suppose all I want to say is...

...You bloodbags are the best. 🩸💉❤️

Thank you.

Cassia xxx