General Aleksander Kirigan- Sleep

I wake in my shared bed with my husband, only to see I'm alone. "Aleksander?" I ask worried. No response. I wonder where he is. I grab my night robe and walk into the main room. I see him sat at his desk. He's writing so fast. He looks tense. I slowly walk up to him and massage his shoulders. He turns his head. "Sorry, my darling, I didn't mean to wake you." He sighs.

"Aleksander come back to sleep." I sigh.

"I have an early meeting out of town." He says continuing to work.

"It's still dark outside!" I exclaim.

"I know, I just need to write something down." He stresses.

"Why do you write like you're running out of time?" I ask. He hushes me placing a hand on mine.

"Come back to bed. That would be enough." I smile gently.

"I'd be back before you know I'm gone." He tells me gently.

"Come back to sleep!" I beg.

"This meeting's at dawn." He tells me.

"Well I'm going back to sleep." I sigh walking away from him, towards our room.

"Hey! The best of wives are the best of women." He grins running after me. He kisses me gently holding my face.

"Please Alek. Just come back to bed. You need sleep I can see it in your eyes." I beg. He sighs and wraps his arms around my waist placing his face in my neck. I lift his sleeping shirt up and rub his back. He likes how warm I am, you know since I am the Sun Summoner. "Just let me right this last line. Then I'll come to bed." He asks. I sigh and nod. I kiss his cheek and go back into the bedroom.

I sit and wait for him but it seems like he is taking forever. He said he would only write the one line. I get up again and creep into the front room only to see Alek asleep with his head on the desk. I chuckle and walk over to him. "Aleksander, honey, wake up. Let's get you into bed." I suggest shaking him gently. He joints up and relaxed when he sees me. He stands up and we both walk to bed and fall into a deep slumber.