Realize (34)

Dedicated to my new found friend! :D x

_________________________________________

Peter exhaustedly told Karl, Brian, and Todd what had happened that night. After hearing the story, the boys couldn't help but laugh their heads off.

Peter scowled at them. It was the first time for his plan to backfire, making him really pissed him off.

Although, he remembered that Maxine was entirely convinced that he was Madam Merlinessa. Kim was slightly suspicious, though. She only started believing him when he mentioned something about Kim’s past that he knew.

Jen was the only one that knew Madam Merlinessa was Peter. She was so strange. But he was quite thankful that that night, when they returned from the cottage, Jen acted as though nothing unusual happened.

The boys continuously laughed at him as he removed the last bit of makeup on his face. When he went out of the bathroom, the boys were still snickering.

“Don’t ever mention what I did to anybody,” growled Peter threateningly.

“Yeah, we’ll take it to the grave,” chuckled Brian skeptically.

“Of course,” grinned Karl.

“Whatever,” muttered Todd, still chortling.

“Todd!” cried Peter desperately. “This is serious.”

“Okay, okay,” said Todd through his chuckles.

“So what’s your plan now, Karl?” asked Peter suddenly. He did the trick. They stopped laughing and looked at Karl.

Since they failed to know how Jen felt for Karl, what was his next move?

“I’ll just continue with what I was planning from the start,” decided Karl, looking on the floor. “Even though it has the possibility of ruining our friendship . . . I’d rather risk it than wonder for a long time what would’ve happened if I did ask her out.”

“That’s absolutely true,” agreed Peter, grinning broadly.

“Go for it,” encouraged Brian. “When will you tell her?”

Karl didn't answer Brian's question for a long while. He looked like he was arguing with himself whether he should tell Jen sooner rather than later.

“New Year’s Eve, I think,” murmured Karl thoughtfully.

Todd smiled to himself, remembering what happened last Christmas Eve. He had yet to tell Brian what happened, planning to open up to his best friend after the Holidays.

He suddenly stood up and walked toward the door with the other boys staring at him at his abrupt movement. He stopped when he reached the doorway and looked over his shoulder.

“I have a feeling that it’ll turn out well, Karl,” said Todd, before continuing with walking away. “I’ll just take a bath,” he called after them.

Todd went straight to his room; he took off his shirt and opened the bathroom door. After taking one step inside, he froze.

Someone was inside the bathroom.

This was probable because every two rooms share the same bathroom in the house they were staying at. And he just remembered that he shared this bathroom with Maxine.

He froze because the bathroom was filled with steam. Obviously, someone opened the hot water causing it to be foggy. Then, he saw a figure. It wasn't very clear. He tried to make out the figure, but before he could, Maxine turned her head and saw Todd looking at her.