Realize (30)

I dedicate this to a friend. I met her at the Wattpad Meetup here in the Philippines. And it so happens that her story, Black Equation - The Deceived Ones is included in the Watty Awards Finals Action - On The Rise category. If you could please help out and vote, that would be awesome! Thank you so much! :D

WARNING: THIS IS POORLY EDITED! SORRY!

_________________________________________

 “Mom, are you sure it’s okay?”

It had been two hours later. Everyone was at the living room saying their goodbyes to Todd and Maxine before the teens made their way back to the other side of the country.

Natalie smiled. “Don’t make me change my mind, sweetie. Besides, you’re with Todd,” she added, waving a hand dismissively. “I’m sure he won’t let anything bad happen to you.”

Maxine sighed in relief. She really wanted to go on this trip. She missed the gang so much. She couldn't wait to see them again.

James dangled the car keys in his hand. He grinned at Maxine.

“I’m going to give you a ride to the airport,” he informed, waggling his eyebrows suggestively.

“That's great,” beamed Maxine.

“Whatever,” muttered Todd, picking up his bags and making a move to leave.

After several goodbyes and more I love you’s, they finally left the house.

“Where’s Maggie?” wondered Maxine, not having seen her all day.

She was hoping that she could at least say goodbye. After all, they grew somewhat close over the Holiday.

She craned her neck and looked around the airport hoping to spot Maggie somewhere. No luck, though.

“She told me she’ll meet us here,” said Todd. He turned to James and asked, “Is there something you want to tell me?”

“Er . . .” James shifted his feet uncomfortably. “Nothing in particular.”

Todd stared at him.

“Why?”

“No reason,” shrugged Todd.

A few moments later, Maggie arrived. She waved at them as she neared. The three waved in turn. She then stopped a feet away from Todd and Maxine.

“I’m going to miss the both of you,” added Maggie, pouting slightly. “It’s been a pleasure meeting you, Maxine,” she said, hugging Maxine warmly.

“Y – You too,” Maxine choked out, startled.

Maggie gently pulled away. She turned to Todd and warmly hugged him, too.

“Open your eyes and listen to your heart,” she whispered to him. “Don’t hesitate to show how you feel because you’ll never know, she might feel the same way.”

She pulled away, raising an eyebrow at Todd if he understood. He was slightly frowning, but nodded all the same.

Flight to New York City; Gate nine, now leaving. . . . Passengers, please proceed . . .”

Todd and Maxine exchanged looks.

“Have a safe trip,” Maggie told them, smiling. “Don’t be a stranger.” She paused then hesitantly looked at James. “I guess I’ll see you at school.”

“Yeah,” nodded James, a bit shyly.

“Okay,” breathed out Maggie, looking unsure. “Bye, then.”