Realize (13)

NEW COVER OF REALIZE!!! I'm actually proud of it this time. :)

I honestly think you guys will like this chapter.. ;)

HAPPY READING!!!

_________________________________________

For Thanksgiving, the families of Brian and Kim planned to have dinner together. Todd and Maxine's mothers planned to have dinner together, as well. And as per usual, Peter invited Karl to their house in New Jersey for the vacation. But this year, Peter was planning to invite Jen to come with them . . .

It was the last day before vacation. It was Peter's last chance to invite her. She was walking down the corridor, while he ran to catch up with her.

“Hi – Jen,” he panted, when he finally caught up with her. He took deep breaths to catch his breath. When his breathing was even, he asked, “Do you have plans for Thanksgiving?”

But Jen stayed quiet. She just stared at Peter with her expressionless face.

“Okay . . . Um . . . Would you like to spend Thanksgiving with me in New Jersey?” he tried again. “We're not the only ones going. Karl'll be there.”

She tilted her head.

He smiled. “Please?”

Slowly, Jen smiled back. “Okay. That's not a bad idea.”

Peter couldn't believe what he just heard. “Did you just say 'Okay'?” he made sure.

“Yes,” she nodded.

He literally jumped for joy, all coolness gone. He genuinely looked happy that it was hard to imagine him as the known playboy of the school.

He almost hopped as he went to the Sky Studio.

☺ ♪ ☺ ♫ ☺ ♪ ☺

“When are you going to tell Jen? No, wait . . . When are you going to tell Peter?”

Maxine and Karl were the only ones who were in the Sky Studio. They were waiting for the others to arrive for practice, when Maxine couldn't take but ask Karl at last about the thing that kept the gang on edge lately.

Karl smiled and laughed once. When he saw that Maxine was serious, he quickly turned solemn as he asked Maxine, “How'd you know?”

“Kim noticed it. Actually, the gang noticed it,” she answered, shrugging. “Well, except for Peter.”

He sighed. “Look, I don't wanna lose my friendship with Peter.” He looked down at his feet and said, “He’s already like a brother to me.”

“If you don't want to lose your friendship, you better tell him. Before he finds out himself,” she warned.

Just then, Todd came in. He kept his cool and calm expression as he sat beside Karl, who was sitting at the edge of the platform, while Maxine was sitting behind Karl.

“I overheard your conversation,” said Todd tonelessly. “Peter is not the kind of guy that keeps grudges on people. And you know that,” he added directly to Karl. “Most of the time, he understands others. And most especially, he understands you.” He paused to look at Karl. He gave out a warm smile and quoted, “'Friendship is the wine of life.'”

Karl looked curiously at Todd and Maxine.

“You know, sometimes I just wonder why the two of you always fight and argue when you make a compatible couple. I'm not kidding,” he said, as he gave the slightest smile.

Todd and Maxine simply stared at Karl for a minute, and then went on with what they were doing. Maxine continued drawing, while Todd arranged the drum set.