Realize (45)

"Living teenage life is one of the hardest, yet fun. Most have a young mind and a reckless heart. The heart races to the finish line even before the mind does. Realizations come late. But that’s still better than not being realized at all." - @AxiaLavern

 __________________

Nearly all the Sky students went to Vlad Institute to witness the Music Clash 2010. Headmaster Sky canceled all the scheduled classes for March twenty-fifth so that all the students could attend the Clash.

The event would start at six o’clock in the evening, an hour of break time at eight o’clock for dinner, and an hour later they would announce the champions for the Clash Cup.

The gang decided to meet at Vlad institute. Todd decided to go with Maxine; Brian with Kim; Karl with Jen; and Peter was on his own. Not that it mattered to him, really.

Vlad Institute looked almost like Sky. However, the atmosphere at Vlad was cold and gloomy. There was also a hint of fog in the air.

Todd and Maxine passed the main building. There, she noticed the carved shape and words written across a brick wall by the lawn.

Vlad Institute

Divide and Conquer.

Maxine felt a chill went down her spine after reading those words. She wasn't aware that such a school existed. It was the sort of thing that was seen in films. It was a bit scary, she thought. Nothing compared to the lightness surrounding Sky.

It was half past five in the afternoon when they made it to the parking lot. It was packed with the most expensive cars. Maxine wasn't surprised about that little fact. Todd, on the other hand, had a hard time finding a vacant space in the area. Eventually, though, he found one halfway through the entrance of Vlad Institute’s auditorium.

“You have no plans to tell me why you brought your electric guitar rather than your lucky drum sticks still?” asked Maxine, as she and Todd got out of his Lamborghini.

Todd brought his electric guitar, see. Maxine had been wondering the reason why. She knew how he hated doing hassling things. She kept asking him about it.

But he only answers with, “It’s supposed to be a surprise.”

It frustrated her. She didn't like surprises. Not to mention, her curiosity was her absolute weakness. She was like a cat in a way – which was odd, since she preferred dogs.

“I don't like surprises,” she muttered.

“It’s not that big of a deal,” said Todd, shrugging. “Brian just thought that a huge twist for the audience can up our chances in the competition. So we agreed to keep it as a secret from you and the girls.”

Maxine didn't answer. She silently followed Todd toward the auditorium, hand in hand. She tried to think of a way to get him to spill. When she thought of a way, she gently put her free hand on Todd’s arm and looked him in the eye.

Todd looked at her determined face and immediately knew what she was about to say.

“I want to be a part of that surprise,” she said firmly. “Please tell me.”

He stared at her. After a moment, he sighed and looked away. He couldn't look at her when she looked that cute. He closed his eyes, eventually nodding. When he opened his eyes, he opened his mouth to say something.

“Don’t tell her anything!” Brian called out, suddenly showing up.

Todd and Maxine stopped walking. They turned to their right to see Brian walking toward them. When he reached them, he stopped in front of Maxine but he faced Todd with an exasperated expression on his face.