Chapter 6

Jade’s POV

Jesy and I were at Perrie and Leigh’s flat as they bustled about making sure their suitcases were packed and they hadn’t forgotten anything. We’d come with the intention of helping but right now the best way of helping seemed like staying well out of their way. They were going to New York with the One Direction boys who were due to arrive very soon.

My anger at Leigh had slowly but surely worn off. It wasn’t her fault. She had no way to know I had feelings for Harry. And it wasn’t as if she had chosen to go out with him anyway. It had taken a while for me to finally see things more clearly and behave rationally. Well it had taken Jack. In the three weeks I’d known him he had already become a major part of my life. He was incredibly sweet and polite, but not to the extent that he became boring. He was witty and funny – actually he was hilarious. When I was with Jack I forgot about Leigh and Harry and my feelings for him. We also managed to stay very discreet with our hangouts so the rumour mill wasn’t set off spinning. Plus Leigh seemed to actually be falling for Harry. If they were happy together then I had no business getting upset. I’d just have to ignore my feelings for him, as hard as that would be. Thank God I had Jack who I could just channel all my emotions into. I missed talking to Leigh.

A horn beeped outside.

“That’ll be them!” Perrie squealed before rushing over to Jesy and attacking her in a bear hug before doing the same to me. Leigh imitated her actions. Jesy and I waved goodbye as the other two dragged their suitcases to the car. When they left, Jesy and I shut the door and flopped onto their couch.

“So!” she said, poking me in the side, “who’s the guy?”

I turned to her, surprised.

“What guy?”

Jesy rolled her eyes.

“Oh come on Jay-Jay I know you too well.” When I said nothing she continued,

“Well you’re back on good terms with Leigh – you’re not blanking her anymore – which means you have or are at least starting to get over Harry –” I gasped at the fact that she knew about my crush on him “- and the only way you get over guys that fast is through other guys. So who is he?”

I sighed but rejoiced on the inside. I loved how Jesy knew me.

“Well I met him at the video rental after the publicity meeting –” Jesy laughed.

“THE publicity meeting! That fateful publicity meeting!” I laughed with her.

“Yes that fateful one! Anyway we talked a little and he seemed really nice so I got his number and we’ve hung out a bit since then!”

“Aww!” Jesy tickled me.

“Stop!” I giggled. She eventually did.

“So what’s his name? Do I know him?”

“I don’t think you do. His name is Jack. Jack Harries.”

Jesy thought for a moment.

“Jack Harries? Isn’t that the youtuber guy?”

I nodded.

“He’s fit.” Jesy shrugged. I nodded again in agreement.

“Well I’m happy you’re happy.”

“Aww thanks hun!” I wrapped my arms around her.

“Now lets go back to ours.” We grabbed the spare keys and our coats, left the flat and locked up behind us before heading back to our own flat.

* * *

Leigh-Anne’s POV

I watched Perrie as she scrolled along her phone screen with an upset frown on her face. We were in a big black van with Harry, Zayn and the three other boys, on our way to Heathrow. The boys were all very excited about their upcoming performance and we were just as excited for them. MSG is a big deal. Which was why I couldn’t understand Perrie’s expression. Knowing her, she probably wouldn’t want to talk about it. So I reached over and quickly snatched her phone out of her hands.