Chapter 8

Jade’s POV

Since returning from New York Leigh-Anne had been in an awful mood. It had been three weeks and she didn’t seem to be brightening up. She was always either really snappy and annoyed or miserable on the brink of tears. She was completely unpredictable and therefore impossible to comfort. You never knew if she’d punch you in the face if you even brought up the topic of her and Harry.

While they had been in New York our publicists had decided to shift some of the blame off Leigh and save our image by telling Harry to be seen with America’s sweetheart and serial dater, Taylor Swift. Their aim was to get the rumour mill spinning about Harry and Taylor, or as the fans called it “Haylor”, and for people to think their closeness was the reason him and Leigh-Anne broke up. They had contacted Taylor and her management and she had agreed.

Upon their return to the UK, Taylor had come with them and they had just about established their relationship. Even though Leigh knew it wasn’t real we could always tell it hurt her when she saw pictures of them in the papers or on twitter. The other day Jesy had tried to comfort her by pointing out how miserable Harry looked in the pictures but Leigh had all she achieved was Leigh snapping “what’s that got to do with me?”.

As much as it hurt me to see Leigh upset, I couldn’t put my own life on hold. Jack and I had started seeing each other more and more. We managed to keep things private by avoiding being seen in public together. We usually hung at out Jesy’s and my flat as he lived in university accommodation and the chances of us being seen there were much greater. When he came over Jesy usually spent the night with Leigh while Perrie stayed at Zayn’s, although sometimes she stayed and hung out with us. She and Jack got on well enough, which was nice. It made me happy that I wouldn’t have to choose one over the other.

In fact the three of us had planned to spend the afternoon together in Camden. I loved Camden. There was just something exciting about the whole atmosphere there. It was always buzzing and full of life. Jesy and Jack both agreed.

I was lounged on the couch waiting for Jack to arrive. It had gotten ridiculously cold after the unexpectedly warm spell in November. I had on tights under my royal blue jeans and a massive, pink polka-dotted white, sweater over which I was going to wear my puffy, sleeveless coat that was currently slung over the arm. Right then, Jesy bounded down the stairs.

“Lover boy here yet”? She asked.

My phone buzzed. I grinned.

“Yes he is!”

Leigh’s POV

“You idiot why would you go inside?” I rolled my eyes at the stupidity of the film I was watching. Perrie was out somewhere and I had nothing interesting to do so I was slouched in front of the TV in an oversized grey t-shirt and my underwear.

Just then I heard a key turn in the lock of the door. I turned to look at it, hoping Perrie didn’t have company. Fortunately she didn’t. I turned back to the TV.

“Hey Leigh!”

I grunted in reply. Perrie sighed. She tutted as she took in the scenario before her.

“Leigh-Anne Michele Pinnock! Tell me you haven’t been sat in front of that television all day!”

I shrugged. Perrie groaned and took a seat beside me.

“What are we watching?”

I shrugged again.

“Some stupid horror movie.” I replied as the actress in the movie screamed and ran out of the house. We sat in silence for a while before Perrie said tentatively,