Chapter 9

Harry’s POV

I woke up wondering why I ever even got drunk, knowing how horrible hangovers were the next mornings. I sat up slowly, rubbing my head. Vague memories of last night swarmed my mind’s eye. I smiled at the memory of that kiss. I don’t know what had convinced me to do it but I was glad I had. I remembered Leigh-Anne getting into a car with me, but nothing more.

Climbing out of bed I noticed I was completely naked. On the floor I spotted what I seemed to remember to be the dress Leigh had on. I smirked as I imagined what could’ve happened last night. I pulled on a pair of grey slacks and, in the bathroom, poured water over my face before heading to the kitchen.

As I entered I felt my face break into a goofy smile. Leigh-Anne had her back to me as she scrambled some eggs in the pan. She had on the shirt I’d been wearing last night. It literally stopped just under her bum and her toned, smooth legs were fully on display. I couldn’t help wondering if she had any underwear on. I grunted as the thought ever so slightly quickened my pulse. She turned around and smiled at me.

“Morning, sunshine!”

I returned her smile and made my way over to her, hopping onto the counter beside her. She chuckled as she served the eggs into two plates on which there were already two slices of toast each.

“Did you sleep well?” she asked brightly.

“Ugh. I have the absolute worst hangover!”

“Aww poor baby!” she cooed jokingly. I pouted playfully and asked,

“How are you in such a good mood this morning?”

“I didn’t drink very much” she replied, handing me a plate and leaning against another counter with her own. “Nothing compared to what you did. And that’s not even accounting for how pissed you were before I even got there!”

“Well I wouldn’t have had to get so pissed if you hadn’t gone and forced me into a relationship with Taylor!” I retorted. Leigh-Anne grimaced slightly.

“I didn’t force you into that..”

“Indirectly, you did.”

For a while neither of us said anything. I’d been keeping my head down but looking up at her I blurted out,

“I miss you.”

Leigh smiled sadly.

“I miss you too, Harry.”

“I’m so sorry, Leigh. About everything..”

She squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head.

“Don’t be. You have nothing to apologise for. Look, can we just forget about it and move on?”

I nodded fervently. Leaping off the counter I dropped my plate on the table and wrapped my arms around her waist. She giggled, placing her own plate on the counter behind her. I was suddenly aware of how beautiful her face was. As she looked up at me I searched her face for permission. When I finally found what I was looking for I pressed my lips to hers. In that moment I knew she belonged in my arms. Our bodies were pressed together and it was as though they had each found their other half. The kiss was short and sweet, but it was enough. She pulled back and placed her head on my chest. I pressed my lips to her forehead. We remained like that, nether of us saying a word.

Then a thought crossed my mind.

“Leigh?”