Chapter 10

Leigh-Anne’s POV

I woke up on a Sunday afternoon, putting off actually opening my eyes for as long as possible. Stress was most definitely not on my agenda for today.

It had been about three months since Harry and I had made up on New Year’s Day. We weren’t officially back at ‘couple’ status but it was quite clear to everyone that we were on again.

I was home alone all weekend as Perrie had headed up home, presumably to spend Easter with her family. Harry had left, the night before, to Los Angeles to do god-knows-what, taking full advantage of the week off he and the boys had in the middle of their UK tour. I’d spent the whole weekend lazing around the flat and I had intended to do the same today when my phone beeped. Reaching for my phone on the bedside table, I reluctantly drew open my eyelids. It was a text from Zayn. 

Leigh, could you come over today? I need your help with something!”

I wondered what Zayn could possibly want from me. Yawning, I replied,

Yeah sure just let me wake up first.

My phone soon beeped again.

Aha J x

I got out of bed, used the toilet and had a quick shower before pulling on a pair of dark jeans, a snug-fitting white t-shirt and a fitted black sweater. It was unseasonably cold, with an unreal amount of snow falling across the UK and I wasn’t up for catching a cold with spring – hopefully – just around the corner. I called a taxi and asked or them to pick me up as soon as possible. The man on the end informed that a taxi had been dispatched and would be arriving in about five minutes. Slipping on a pair of socks and my DocMartins, I threw my wallet into my handbag, ran a brush through my hair, quickly applied some makeup and grabbed my coat and keys as I heard a horn beep outside.

I greeted the taxi driver as I climbed into the back seat. He replied with a “good morning to you, ma’am!”

We continued the journey in silence until we came to a line of traffic.

“Bloody hell.” He cursed.

“What’s with all the traffic?” I asked him. He shrugged.

“Probably an accident further up. The roads are damn dangerous when they’re this slippery. Especially cuz it isn’t the season so them morons don’t take care.”

He tutted in contempt and pushed impatiently on the horn. I turned to face out of the window and watched as snowflakes fell gently onto the pavement.

Eventually we arrived at Zayn’s flat. I pulled out the money and gave it to him, waving him off as he attempted to give me change. I walked up to Zayn’s door and rang the bell. The lock clicked and the door swung open. I strode in without stopping to greet him.

“Malik, you better have food for me cuz I just spent an entire fucking hour in a taxi and I haven’t had breakfast…or lunch.”

“I’ll see what I’ve got.” Zayn chuckled. He beckoned for me follow him into the kitchen, which I did after hanging up my coat by the door and kicking off my Docs. Zayn was looking through the cupboards, slightly tiptoeing to get a better view. I leaned against the counter and watched him. He was dressed down, in a pair of worn-out, paint-splattered jeans, an old t-shirt and a faded, plaid shirt thrown over, the sleeves rolled up and the button undone. I tore my gaze away, to avoid staring too much; he looked so good when he wasn’t styled.

“Uhm…I haven’t got much, actually. I’ve got this?” Zayn pulled back, handing me a packet of microwave popcorn.

“That’ll do.” I said, grabbing the packet from him. He laughed. I ripped the plastic open and inserted the popcorn into the microwave. Zayn came over and stood beside me.