// one //

"is she breathing?"
"i think so... i mean she did hit her head pretty hard on the door frame."
"come quick! i think she's waking up!"

a bright light hit my eyes as i begin to wake. curious and worried faces slowly backed away from staying too close. "are we still in geography class? is the lecture over?" i asked. the crowd were whispering different thoughts, none of which was the answer to my question. my vision became clearer and i could hardly recognize the faces and voices except for one.
"lennon !!!!" exclaimed margo, she ran up to the surrounding crowd and pushed her way through to get closer to me.

after whatever just happened, i was glad to see my best friend. "you alright?" she asked, "i heard about what went on and immediately came here, news travels fast around here." she chuckled. "yeah, i hope so, but thanks anyway" i replied, she helped me up and we both walked to the infirmary.

not exactly how i planned to start my first week at my second year of college.

i held an ice pack to my head as margo paced around the dorm. she started talking about how insane political science was, on and on about her boyfriend, mr otis' misconceptions, and other things she's fascinated by. "hey, what exactly happened to me?" i asked her, hoping she would tell me something useful instead of ranting about anything else. "oh, well, you were on your way out of class and while you were opening the door, some sket started yanking on the handle and you two pulled it and you hit your head." margo smiled weakly while rolling her eyes. "i'm just glad that you're okay and that your head doesn't resemble the queen of hearts," she tried lightening up the mood, slowly my scoffing turned to laughing.

margo had made and handed me a warm cup of tea and sat by me, "also, there's this party that's happening next week near 'the victoria' and i want you to come with me," i nearly choked while taking a sip, "oh come on, lennon, don't be such a roadkill. it'll be fun.. i promise you!", she looked at me with her pleading eyes, like a little puppy. i never liked going to parties, i never was a social person, but i never liked to disappoint my closest friend. "alright, alright, i'll go with you but just this once." i finally caved in. margo quickly set her mug on the counter and excitedly put her hands together.

there was a quick knock on the door that seemed to astound margo, "i'll get the door." i nodded. a cheerful sade came buzzing in our dorm, "guess who got FIRED from her eighth job!", she said with a sigh of relief following that. "i am so fucking glad that i don't have to step foot in that rubbish they call a 'store' where i never really got paid enough!"

sade started taking off her scruffy boots to feel a sense of comfort. "working in that hell-hole is like being hung by your ankles from the bloody ceiling." she went on and on and on about how much she hated working at a car rental centre.

wouldn't blame her for that.