// two //

i woke up with a sharp headache and to my surprise, a bruise. "god, i really am starting to hate college as much as i used to", i thought. i turned on my light pink lamp and got up, messy white duvet covers were spread out everywhere on the pristine floor. i'm such a messy sleeper.

i exited my room to see a peacefully sleeping margo on the sofa, with a book covering up her face. she might've been reading and slept along the way. 'pride and prejudice', i've always found it a bit boring. i walked over to the medicine cabinet by the kitchen to take some painkillers, and most probably another ice pack. i sat down by the kitchen counter and stared at margo.

i need her to wake up.

the party's the only thing going on in my mind. all she said was that it was somewhere near 'the victoria', nothing else. what if it's not actually a party? i quickly pulled out my phone and decided to text sade if she knew anything about it.

sade; 6:48AM

'i'm not THAT big bright on finding out about parties but from what i've heard, that party is pretty HUGE !'

"thank you, sade, very helpful." i irritably thought to myself before responding. great, just great, i've been asked to go to a huge party happening tomorrow night and i don't even know where it's happening or why it's happening.

i can't go tomorrow, i just can't.

classes for the day were over and i barely saw margo. half of me thinks that she skipped today, or she's still asleep. at least i've managed to help sade look for a new job, she insists on getting a new one instead of taking a short break. a strong-willed sade, never before seen. we walked on a dark pavement just out by the college ground and near a pub. they played a song that seemed to heavily rely on guitar, and it had a familiar voice.

sade stopped me in my tracks with her arm pressing against my chest.

"doesn't that sound like your ex boyfriend?", she asked. "i highly doubt it." i scoffed and listened in a bit more.

"oh, we go where nobody know.
with guns hidden under our petticoat."

"well, it's definitely him," she said, "just can't believe that he chose some random blonde shithead over you. i mean, c'mon, you're more than TEN TIMES hotter than her. his loss." i could tell sade hated him as equally as i do. "and for all the months he could've spent fun times with you, he THREW it all away for some skank. you know what..." she got close to the pub's entry door and opened it aggressively.

"fuck you!" she raised her middle finger at a ticked-off overworking bartender and quickly made her escape with me.

my face turned bright scarlet while enduring the silence after a while.

"he was still the best person i've ever dated." i said, trying to break the silence. sade rolled her eyes, "no, he wasn't."

i want this night to be over as soon as possible.

sade kept eyeing me along the way, and it was the meanest look i've ever received. "he's horrible... his music AND himself, no bloody way is he actually going to become big with his 'high and mighty' basement band," she said, "don't ever say that he's still the 'best' person you've dated, considering that he left you behind."

"matthew healy, pffft... worst name to ever exist by far." she finished. sade is never usually this rude, but i completely get it since she cares about my feelings. we walked to campus in deafening silence and exchanged our goodbyes.

the party is scheduled for tomorrow, and i'm extremely nervous. hopefully, these feelings will be gone by the time i wake up.