// nine //

i barely slept last night.

i would've slept better if i hadn't heard all the giggling and noises outside. i sat at one of the stools by the kitchen counter, slowly drinking a glass of water and burying my face into my pale
palms. a bedroom door opened to reveal margo and her date walking out. they both smiled, but a good morning escaped from her lips.

i forced a smile and waved back. they had an inaudible conversation by the front door after the guy held on to his coat. i couldn't exactly make out what the topic was, but i heard a few cheesy flirts thrown around here and there. the front door closed, which signaled that the guy left and now it's only me and margo. she sat on a stool in front of me and lightly sighed. "lennon, are you alright?" she asked me, a smile is still on her face. "i'm so exhausted. i feel like throwing up." i replied, my face still in my palms.

"please don't tell me you're pregnant." she hurriedly spoke. i raised my head from my hands and gave her a disgusted look, "what is wrong with you, margo?", i cupped the glass of water with my cold hands. "okay, alright. i think i took it too far." she surrendered by raising her hands up in a cocky way. "you think?" i mocked her. margo brought her hand forward to stroke my wrist, it was always her way of comforting others. "i'm sorry you feel icky about something. i'm sure you'll be better soon, even if it sticks around long enough." her calming voice spoke.

"i'm going to matty's gig tonight and it's stressing me out completely." i groaned, and her hand left my wrist. "you've never told me you're going, have you been keeping this a secret from us?" most conversations with margo always include a series of questions escaping her mouth. "i know i haven't told you yet, and i feel bad for that. but, in my defense, i didn't know how you'd react if i told you." there's only one way to answer her questions; answer to admit things, but don't admit everything. as confusing as it sounds, it softens her up and it works.

"so, you've thought about my reaction." she said, but it sounded like it was meant for herself. her subtle australian accent quietly filled my ears. i've always hated conversations like this.

"why didn't you think of sade's reaction if she found out?" she asked me, in a shocked manner rather than an upset manner. "she already knows, from when i made that decision aloud," i answered, "and she's not too happy about it." i paused, but she gave me a look that showed she wanted to hear more. "well, she tried talking me out of it and her attempt was fucking horrible." we both burst into laughter.

"well, we both know sade always tries hard," margo spoke in a fit of laughter that is slowly dying down, "and, she always fails." she continued, the laughter sucking the air out of her rosy lungs. it became quiet, but too quiet. the laughter completely died along with everything else.

she stared at me hard, a little too hard. almost as if she was trying to examine the little corners of my eyes. "well, you've got a busy night tonight and i'd rather not tire you out. call me if you need me." margo got up from the kitchen stool and made her way to the front door. all i could say was a simple "okay", as if the conversation meant nothing and i wanted to forget things as soon as i've heard it.

margo put her posh-looking felt boots on and grabbed her coat, but she hesitated with unlocking the front door. i didn't feel like asking her where she's headed. instead, i got up, holding the glass of water, and went back to my room. as soon as i clicked the door shut, i immediately opened my closet.

flicking through endless hangers to find an outfit for tonight. i kept in mind that something black and white is essential because of the venue and the band, although some color won't necessarily hurt anyone. i went through a couple of black dresses, causally drinking from the glass of water i held. nothing caught my eye, which wasn't unusual for somebody so fucking indecisive. i shut my closet doors and opened my drawers, carefully selecting a really pale blue button up shirt, a dark blazer, and a pair of dark trouser shorts that covered half my thighs. thinking of pairing it with a pair of my best-looking cowboy boots, i set it aside and look to see my bedroom window was strangely opened. gaping like my own mouth. i sprinted towards it so i could shut and lock the window.

i don't remember opening my window.

margo hasn't been in my room.

then, who opened the goddamn window?

in panic, i drew the curtains and stood there facing the translucent fabric concealing the glass. i turned around and was absolutely horrified. so intensely horrified, i covered my mouth with my hand and spilled a bit of the water from my glass.

"matty, you fucking arsehole!"

he stood there, grinning at me. "i thought you'd be happy to see me. i know i'm happy to see you in your knickers." i wanted to slap him so fucking hard. "why are you in my room?" i asked him, knowing i won't get a proper answer. "just wanna make sure you actually are coming to my gig tonight. so, are you?" he replied.

yet again i think to myself, why is matty fucking healy talking to me?

"get out of my room, please." i spoke. his eyebrows raised, "you want me to leave?" he was astonished. "can you leave?" i asked, raising my fingers to rub my temple. "what would you do if i don't leave?" he teased. i started to feel sick. i thought my life was going to be great and perfect after the breakup and that i would never encounter this dickhead again. fucking hell, i was so wrong. "matty, will you please leave?" he was getting on my nerves.

"do you really want me to leave, or are you saying this because you want to fuck me right now?"

i didn't reply. i can feel myself faltering. i can feel myself choking on my own thoughts and words. my face felt hot and red, burning red. i was flustered. all he did was smirk like a goddamn devil. he knew how to twist my connotations. he knew how to make me uncomfortable. he knew every single detail about me and he knew how he could use it against me.

his left hand moved forward to grab my hip and his right hand took away the glass and placed it on the nearby desk. "do you want to fuck me?" he asked, rather seriously than playfully. i could feel his right hand stroke my inner thigh. "please just get out of my room, matty." i whispered. he leaned in closer to me, our lips just a couple centimeters away from contact. "do you want to?" he asked again. "what would you do if i did want to fuck you?" i reflected a question back, confident this time. he pulled away, not smiling anymore, and left the room as well as the building. "unbelievable. fucking unbelievable." i muttered.

after this, i don't think i'll go to his stupid gig and watch his stupid band play and listen to his stupid voice singing whatever stupid song he wrote.

i'll see if it drives him crazy that i won't be there. just like he drove me crazy with his questions.

i walked to my dresser and tore apart the ticket into tiny pieces. there was no fucking way i could show up after this stunt he pulled.

and there was no fucking way he could enjoy seeing me like this.

hi !!! i apologize for not updating this story in a year as i was occupied with loads of stuff in my life and i completely spaced. hopefully i'll be able to consistently update this story with new chapters whenever i get the chance or won't be struggling with writers block. hope you enjoyed this chapter and the previous ones as well x