Ink of Love

Day 15 Cloytober: Green

A/N: It took me a while to write this chapter because I quite literally rewatched CLOY again for this. DID NOT REALISE HOW MUCH GREEN THERE WAS IN CLOY. Happy hunting for the little greens you may have missed out on after this chapter!

P.S. This list is not exhaustive. I had to pick and choose the more relevant ones to this ficlet:)

❦❦❦

Love is red – or so they say...

Perhaps love is red, for love is passion-filled.

But is that all? Can love be classified as merely one colour on the colour wheel when the universe houses more than tens of millions of colours?

Unlikely.

In the end, the love shared by every couple is painted differently, unique to the obstacles they have overcome together and the memories they have shared.

Just like how artists have different artistic choices, a couple has the freedom to choose the colours that define their love.

For Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Seri, their love housed a mosaic of colours. But if you asked them to pick one, it would be the colour green.

Green was the forest Yoon Seri woke up in – the very one she mistook as a national park as she panicked over the turn of events. Hanging from the trees with the mere hems of her parachute supporting her weight, Yoon Seri recalled seeing a little deer amidst the surrounding greenery. Dewdrops clung to the leaves around her, trickling bit by bit down to the earthen ground. If she hadn't been panicking about the mountainous work left on her table, she would have stopped to admire the view.

Green was the colour of the uniform her knight in shining armour donned when he discovered her in that forest. She had literally crash-landed on him then, whereas the poor Captain had been wholly unprepared for what her presence would mean to his life. Ri Jeong Hyeok looked particularly dashing in that uniform, more so than prince charming, and Seri couldn't help but think that green was the new trend.

Come to think of it, he rarely wore anything else apart from green during her stay at the captain's house. From his long-sleeved casual shirts to his uniform, they were all green, more so for practicality purposes as a Captain than for any other reason.

Seri wasn't complaining, she loved how his uniform hugged his figure, highlighting those broad shoulders of his. Even from day one, Seri had already established that he was exactly her type.

Green was the theme of the Seri's Choice logo on the sportswear she had been testing when the crash had happened. Yoon Seri remembered designing that logo specifically to convey the vibrancy and life that the sports series would bring to the market. Little did she know, the ultimate choice that she had to make was deciding whether to trust the stoic captain when she came across the forked road that he mentioned.

As she believed...Sometimes, the wrong train takes you to the right destination. 

Green was the expanse field that Seri sprinted across, unknowingly dodging the mines that could have ended her life right there. Talk about luck, but somehow, she survived long enough for her to meet the family that she chose for herself.

Green was the wall of his bathroom. Each tiny square tile decorating the white walls were barely the size of her fingernails, yet the green was classy against the wood of its interior. It was in that little hand bucket she used to transfer more water to the "basin" too. Back then, she had comforted herself by washing off the dirt on her face such that she looked less like a madwoman – as Pyo Chi Su was fond to call her – and more like her pretty self.