× 9 ×

--------                                                     --------
Day 9:
Beauty 🌸
--------                                                     --------
Mallory looked at the mirror, running hear hand down the burned skin. Years passed by, but the scar never heal. It leaves a terrifying mark, one that remind him of the thread she has to go trough.

"Mal?" the cold voice called her. She turns around to face the dark creature, staring at the giant terrifying figure. Oddly enough, she walked over to him, caressing its feather lightly. "Hm? What's wrong?" it questioned. Mal just shakes her head, "It just looks pretty," she explained. The creature turns into a more humanoid form, a man clearly taller than Mal.

The unnamed entity brushed its hand over the wound, smiling. "Worried? Is little Mal worried about her appearance?" The girl leaned over to touch, "not really." The creature just nod a bit, believing the girl's words. He moves his hands and instead place it on his chin, making a thingking pose.

"I can heal that, would you like me to?" he asked. Mallory thought about it for a bit. "I'm good, it's quite fine. It looks neat," she finally responded. The creature just nod, he then put his hand out. Particles if magic created a piece of mask. One that can cover half  part of the face. Mal accepted it, smiling at the gift.

"Is it beautiful?" Mallory nodded, "Yes, thank you. It's pretty." The creature smiled, happy to see her reaction.

Mallory walk around the library, arranging books as her path was lighted by a lantern. Hearing the room's door creaked open, she made her away to the source of noise. Approaching softly from the back, she startled the visitor. The now grown girl was a beautiful woman, looking as young as ever. A mask over part of her face, a gift of her friend. She smiled softly at the unknown visitor, "Good evening, would you like a cup of tea?"