Selection

Before this chapter starts I just want to say that (y/l/n) means (your/last/name) and (y/b/d) means (your/birth/day). That is all, enjoy!

•                                •                                 •

While on your phone looking for cheap hotel rooms to rent you remember that Dae-Jung had fortunately given you his metro card on your first day together. You begin to head to the metro station so you could get around quicker as to not waste time before it got too dark. It wasn't too late but finding a place was better done sooner rather than later.

Walking down the stairs, you see that you just barely missed the train by a few seconds. It's not as if your mood could worsen any more than it already is, but missing the train just felt like the drop of water to make the cup overflow.

You situate yourself on the metro bench, holding your face in your palms, trying to focus on your breathing to calm your emotions. Bottling them up wasn't a good idea, but right now was not the best time to let them explode. You still had to find a hotel, figure out how to get enough money for a flight back to America, and on top of that ration your money out on food.

'Looks like I'll be living off of instant ramen for the next few weeks.'

As you sit in dread, trying to come up with ways to obtain the money, you begin to notice a repetition of sounds coming from the other side of the metro platform.

A man in a well-fitted suit stands tall, perfectly throwing his red square-shaped paper at the other man's blue squared paper that lies on the floor. Hitting it dead on, flipping the square with his onto its other side, and then proceeding to slap him.

Hard.

The man with the blue square picks his square from the ground, though he looked a bit beaten down, he had hope in his eyes. Standing as tall and with all that he can muster, he hits the red square dead on, but to no avail. It does not flip over.

You begin to watch the game unfold, attempt after attempt of the poorer man failing miserably at this game, and being slapped after every win of his counterpart. Having no clue as to why he is putting himself through this tedious pastime.

Seeing him finally win a game, you smile that he was finally able to get a win and could now slap the other man for payback. Right when he winded up his arm, the gentleman caught his hand and put 100,000 won in his hand. You realize that he wasn't playing for fun.

He was playing for money.

The gentleman then proceeded to give the other man a business card of some sort.

'Did that dude just give him 100,000 won? Shit, how much is that in US dollars again?"

As the man who was previously playing left, you hastily convert won to US dollars and see that 100,000 won is around $80 US dollars. If you could just get him to play a few games with you, then you could school this guy at whatever the hell this game is and maybe get some extra cash for your dilemma.

"Hey!" You call out to the man in the suit, "is it okay if I play a few rounds with you? I could honestly use the money." You try to look as cute as possible to try and convince him thoroughly, using your good looks to your advantage.