No choice

You start to walk down the dark road, the tension between you and the masked stranger lingered in your thoughts. Many 'what ifs' enter your mind, you quickly shake them away and focus back on real life. Fantasizing could wait. Your main priority was to find a place to stay. Dae-Jung comes to mind but then remembering his awful character you dismiss the idea, even if you did ask him for help, he wouldn't have agreed anyway.

As you walk along the road you finally find familiar buildings and a main road, you walk on the sidewalk next to the main road to try and locate any nearby hotels that you could stay at. Eventually, you stumble upon a hotel that seemed relatively pleasant to settle at. You walk into the hotel and go to the front desk to converse with the man working there.

The inside of the hotel was pretty nice, not over the top or anything. Had a nice lounging area and three elevators neatly placed next to each other.

'Is every hotel in Seoul like this?'

"Hello, welcome to the Love-steed hotel! How can I help you today?" The front desk man wore a black suit with a red tie, he looked like a doll. Porcelain skin and bright green eyes, almost unnatural. You shook it off and focused back on your main goal.

"Hello, do you happen to have a hotel room I could get? Preferably one with one bed."

"Ah, yes we do!" he said cheerfully, "It's room 201, please swipe your card here~!"

You take out your wallet and take out your visa, you swipe your card and put it back into your wallet.

"Ah...I'm sorry, it appears your card has declined. Maybe try again...?"

'Huh? But I could have sworn I still had cash on my card?'

"Okay, if I may ask how much does this hotel room cost per night?" you take your card out again and swipe again.

"It costs 78 US dollars a night ma'am!" he said merrily, he must have known you were a foreigner. "I'm sorry, it declined again, perhaps there is something wrong with your card?"

"Maybe? I guess I'll have to check it outat an ATM... Thanks anyway..."

"Of course, good luck!" He waves you goodbye.

"Thank you!"

You walk outside of the hotel and try to find the nearest ATM you could to figure out what went wrong with your card. You could have sworn you had leftover money on your card, something must be wrong with the card itself.

After walking for a while you find an ATM near a shopping district, you go to the ATM and input your information to access your card information.

The screen illuminates with your card information.

'Account balance: $-2,000,000.00'

"What."

You stare in disbelief at the screen in front of you. This has to be some type of impractical joke. You start to laugh a bit out of pure amazement, how did this even happen?

Without a doubt in your mind, you get your phone out of your pocket and call a number you knew very well.

"Hello?" He says, monotone and already over the conversation.

"Dae-Jung, what the fuck did you buy on my card?"
You knew Dae-Jung was a heaping pile of trash but not to this extent.

"Not sure what you're talking about."

"Shut the hell up, I know you bought something! I saw on my account balance asshat!"

You could feel him rolling his eyes at you over the phone. Being infuriated was an understatement, your blood was boilinging once again.