-|03|-

Is there any way I can cheat?

Ashlyn bit the insides of her cheeks as she looked around herself. The candidates were led to a room inside the building, but it was a bit muggy in there. Contrasted to the number of people in there, the room was noticeably smaller. Everyone present in that room could smell each other's sweat; which was not exactly pleasant.

Nope, can't cheat. First of all, there's too much security for me to try something. Second of all, there's absolutely no space to move around.

Ash continued to try and think of something that could help her now. She silently swore at herself for not thinking about this earlier on.

Okay, plan A.

1. Duck every attack of them.
2. Make them tired, then attack.
3. Focus on staying alive.

Plan B.

1. Pretend to be dead or unconscious.

She made two plans hoping she would somehow sustain this round of immense torture. She glanced at the wrestling ring which was positioned at the centre of the room. There were two men— one a tiny bit shorter than the other. Anyone could tell they have undergone strict and heavy training; they were very muscular and buffed up.

At this point, they were not even being fair to the candidates; it was two against one. It's a test, they should've been fair to at least maintain their dignity. Two heavily trained men against one uninformed candidate; everyone was fuming and dubious, but they didn't have any choice.

No one has won until now. It hasn't been long since they stepped their foot in this room. Ash checked her watch; it had been 26 minutes on the dot. In 26 minutes, almost 300 of them lost. The highest record of staying in that ring was 5 seconds.

"Hey, you! Get in the line, you're next!" A guard shouted in hope of catching Ash's attention.

Nodding, she mushed her way through the crowd and stood at the very back of the line.

Did these creatures ever bathe? Why do they stink so bad?

She stopped herself from gagging at the smell of sweat before focusing on the view in front of her. The line wasn't that long; she only had four people in front of her. Through the jam-packed crowd in front of her, she stood on her tip-toes to see the ring clearly. Three more candidates to go before her; one already lost.

She immediately starts inspecting her soon-to-be attackers; their attacking pattern to be exact. The shorter of the duo seemed to be the one attacking; while the taller one was tackling the candidates. The tackling guy was good with his feet more than his arms; if someone tried to fight with their leg, he was moving faster and tackling their leg too. The attacking guy goes for the stomach and waist; the easiest spot to injure someone fast. He uses his fists more than his feet.