-|09|-

"I vote in favour too."

After debating for a while, Hoseok affirmed with a subtle smile. 

"Dude why even— she'll only bring trouble!" Seokjin huffed.

"I change my vote to in favour." 

"Park Jimin!" Seokjin huffed again as the mentioned male switched seats and sat beside Namjoon. 

"You all have comically lost your minds." The youngest muttered, arrogance lacing over his tone. 

"Don't you think you're being a little too bratty today?" Yoongi accused.

"I think the fuck not," Seokjin stood up. "We've been together since the start of B.C, and after 8 whole years, you randomly add a new member? That too a total newbie? If you wanted someone new in this team, why not scout someone who has already been working in the agency? If you're forgetting, we are the aces around here. Everyone has their eyes on us. One slip, and you can say goodbye to your reputation, Kim."

"Hyung," Namjoon sighed. "Can you not trust me at all, even after 8 years?"

"I'm disappointed in you, agent K-02. I hope you open your eyes and get out of your demeanour." Seokjin ended the conversation before walking away to his room. With the last shake of his head, Jungkook followed too.

"I hope you're sure about this, hyung. There's no turning back." Jimin put a hand over the latter's shoulder before giving it a light squeeze. He silently beckoned Hoseok and Taehyung to follow him, which they agreed to wordlessly.

Just like that, the mighty team Bulletproof was split internally because of one girl, who was in deep slumber— oblivious to the chaos she had caused.

Is it worth it?— Namjoon had questioned himself countlessly. What was the answer, you may ask? The once solid affirmative answer that the boy's mind possessed, had been covered with a blanket of doubt. He wholeheartedly believed that she would be useful for the team. But now? Now he was unsure whether or not it had been the best choice. He was unsure why he was letting his team fall apart, why he was rooting for a girl he met an hour back, and why on earth he was going against his teammates who were definitely much more important than some Lee Ruan. He began doubting his abilities and responsibilities as a team leader.

He sat glued to his spot, drowning himself in his insecurities. Gathering a fistful of his blonde hair, he forced his eyes shut. 

"Hey, you okay?" A groggy voice brought him back from his craze. Ashlyn was startled to see his state as he looked up. He wasn't crying, but it didn't mean he wouldn't start soon. The tip of his nose had become red, hair a bit messy, his eyes slightly glossy. She hastily sat down beside him and pulled him into a hug, which to be honest, might've been a bit aggressive.