-|06|-

Both teams launched themselves at each other, and all hell broke free.

Ashlyn bit the inside of her cheeks in anticipation. In an impulse, a guy with auburn hair launched himself towards one of the male candidates from behind. Ash vaguely caught his hand going behind his back before it came back forward and rested at the candidate's throat. There was a knife in his hand.

The knife, however, was fake as she squinted her eyes to get a better view of it. It was a fake wooden knife, but the candidate at the knifepoint didn't know that. The redhead dug the blade farther and the candidate soon forfeited. The man immediately let go of the candidate and bowed, wishing him luck for the next time. The candidate simply stood there, utterly shocked by the betrayal. The auburn hair couldn't do anything but give a sympathetic smile in return. 

The rest of the candidates were almost down too, with one facing the ground as a guy with silver hair slightly darker than Ashlyn's sat on top of the candidate. He was squirming underneath the silver hair; trying his best to flee. The lad on top took out a lighter— a real lighter, unlike the knife— and flicked it on. He almost shoved the lighter in the candidate's face, but the poor guy forfeited with his life on line. That left one last girl candidate, that Ashlyn recognized. It was the girl from before, whose name she failed to get. She was running around, with a guy with tattoos up to his neck on her tail. Ashlyn watched in anticipation as the guy soon caught ahold of her and yanked her arm brutally, making her cry in pain. The referee blew his whistle, indicating the first match was over.

The four candidates stood in a line horizontally, facing the three spectators far away from them. 

"Candidate number 128, Kang Hana, passes this round. The first field agent has been selected." The president spoke into her mic, her voice booming through the speakers that were scattered around the field.

Kang Hana; noted.

After the first team's fight, the rest of the matches flew by. 2 more field agents were selected in the meantime. Before Ash knew it, it was her turn to fight. The team member of the opposition had changed during the 5th team's match and the new members included Kim Taehyung. He still didn't see Ashlyn, or so as it seemed. They started stretching lightly as Ashlyn's team prepared their nerves. Ashlyn's feet felt as if they were glued to the pavement, so she ended up dragging her feet toward the middle of the field. She looked up, only to find Kim smirking.

He knows. He knew it from the start; from the time we met.

She was fuming mad and she knew it showed on her face; because Kim smirked wider.

He did this on purpose, he teased me with bits of information about the tests, he made sure I won, so he could defeat me with his hands. Sick bastard.