His little girl (Always) (Halloween)

A/N HAPPY SPOOKY SEASON!!! Based on always, future fic, meant to publish this awhile ago lol

"Dad!" Madeline exclaimed running into the house like she was twelve again. Richard had been going through some old photos. She had grown up so much, if only Liam was alive to see her.  Liam may have been her biological Father, but he had to be the hero, Richard raised her, Richard walked her down the aisle. 

"What is it? Good news I hope," Richard questioned his daughter who had a particular glow.

"Great news!" Madeline exclaimed. Richard studied her expression. It was hard to believe she was twenty five. And married. And a mother to a little girl. Richard didn't much like this. 

"Oh no. You're pregnant again aren't you?"

"Yep!" Madeline exclaimed. 

"Didn't you just have Josephine?" Richard questioned.

"Dad, that was like eleven months ago,"

"You kids have too much free time," Richard mumbled. 

"You say it like you're not going to be the first person in line to hold him/her," Madeline replied, pulling her long honey blonde hair into a ponytail.

"How does Sam feel about this?"

"He wants another child, so he's overjoyed and he's such a great Dad to Josephine,"

"How many more are you going to have?" Richard questioned his daughter with wide eyes. 
"After this little one, probably one more,"

"Three kids? Are you insane? Was the first birth not painful enough? I thought that would for sure slow you and Sam down," 

Madeline rolled her eyes at his lecture.

---

Halloween Night (about three weeks later)

"Mr. Spier!" Sam exclaimed running into the house with his daughter in his arms. 

"What's wrong?" Richard questioned, "who died? Where's Madeline?"

"That's just it. She has been in a lot of pain recently, and she just fainted, she woke up after but, she's not okay, I'm going to get her to the emergency room, can you watch Josie?"

"Of course. Call me as soon as you have an update," Richard told Sam, who handed him the infant and a bag. Sam dashed out of the house, and next door where him and Madeline lived. 

"So... you like jazz?" Richard asked his granddaughter. In all fairness, he hadn't dealt with a child in years. Mary Anne was at college. Sharon was in California with Dawn. What was he supposed to do? Josie started to cry a little. 

"Okay, we've got a jazz hater, good to know." Then Richard got an idea. He built a pillow barricade around the child, and turned on the tv, he turned on the Nightmare Before Christmas. "This was your mother's favorite when she was younger, you know," he told Josie, who just stared at him. 

"Hawoon,"

"Do you mean Halloween?"

"Hal o own,"

"Okay try again, I'll sound it out with you, hall- o - ween,"

"Halloween!" Josie exclaimed.

"That's right! Halloween!" Richard gave the baby a small high five, "I'm going to get something, don't move," Richard dashed into the kitchen and then rushed back over to Josie with a red lollipop (the organic ones that are good for your teeth, still Richard Spier). The baby giggled. 

"You know, you look a lot like your Mom did at your age," Richard told her, the baby squealed. 

Richard, even if just for a moment was brought back to when Madeline was an infant. 

---

"Where is Mommy?" two-year-old Madeline Spier questioned her uncle and her aunt.

"You'll see her in a few days, sweetie," Alma Baker Spier told her niece, "let's go fix your hair and then we can put on your halloween costume!" 

Mary Anne, her new cousin started crying, her Uncle Richard carried her into the room. "I think someone is hungry," Alma took her daughter and went into the other room.

"Uncle Richie? Can you help me with my Halloween costume?" Madeline questioned with her big blue eyes.

Richard helped the little girl into her pumpkin costume. "Aren't you the cutest pumpkin?" He asked her and she laughed. She was the perfect mix of Liam and Kit. 

"Our new neighbors have two sons and one daughter, one of the boys and the girl is little Maddie's age, and the other one is a couple of years older. Elizabeth offered to take Maddie trick or treating with them," Alma said, coming in the room with a clam Mary Anne, "they also have a daughter that's two months old,"

"I don't know if it's wise to have Mary Anne around other babies yet,"

"Why not? And the babies will just be sleeping, Liz and I are going to hang out. You and Patrick can take the kids trick or treating,"

---

Richard would've never in a million years guessed the little boy dressed as a dinosaur would marry his little pumpkin and have their own child. Josie was intently watching the movie

---

"Hi! I'm Maddie," Madeline said to a little boy with brown hair, and a girl identical to him but with long hair and a blonde kid that looked about four.

"I'm Sam," the boy with brown hair said.

"I'm Hallie," the identical girl said. 

The kids didn't trick or treat for long. They all ended up on the Thomas couch watching the Nightmare Before Christmas. And so the tradition started. 

---

Richard's phone rang, "Hello?"

"Hello, Mr. Spier,"

"You can call me Richard, Sam,"

"Madeline is going to be okay," Sam told him.

"And the baby,"

"We lost them,"

"Them?"

"Apparently, she was pregnant with twins,"

"Go take care of my daughter,"

"How's Josie?"

"She's fine, she' watching the Nightmare Before Christmas, now go!"

"Okay, bye, Mr. Spier,"

"Bye, Thomas," Richard hung up the phone. 

----

Madeline walked into the house, it was about eleven at night and she had finally escaped the hospital. Inside she wouldn't believe what she saw, her father and her little Josie sleeping peacefully on the couch side by side with Halloween town on in the background. 

"Madeline, good, you're home," Richard drowsily got up and engulfed his daughter in a hug. 

His little girl.