Spy vs. Spy (Part 2)

"I don't know what is going on, I don't know what this feeling is," I ranted to Fiona Widdershins, one of my friends, who was currently doing her makeup at the vanity, tonight was the gala where Prince Quigley and I will announce our engagement. "Well it's bloody obvious, you are in love with him,"

"No, no, no, no, we've only known each other a month and I'm supposed to kill him, how can I kill him if I am in love with him?" 

"That sounds like a you problem," She responded putting on her lipstick, "pearls or diamonds?"

"Diamonds. Uggghhh, what should I do?"

"Well, come over here, we'll make you look to die for and then we can get back to the current dilemma. Fashion makes everything better,"

"You sound like Esme,"

"She wasn't wrong when she said so," 

VIOLET'S OUTFIT

"Are you sure about that?"

"What's wrong with it?"

"You just look so simple,"

'We're late, let's go," I rushed out of the room. 

----

3rd Person POV

"Violet, you look lovely," Quigley told her as they met in the drawing room nearest the ball room. "Thank you, but Quigley I really need to talk to you-"

"We can talk after the gala, we are expected to be in already,"

"Yes, I am aware, but it can't wait until after the gala,"

"What's wrong?"

"You two! Come on, stop talking, you can talk after the wedding," Violet's old governess and now their chapone, told them. "You heard her Vi, after you," Quigley reached out his hand, Violet took the gesture as they walked inside, "You ready for this?" Violet asked him, Quigley shook his head.

"Not a single bit," 

"Princess Violet Eleanor Baudelaire and Prince Quigleforth Quitin Quagmire," the announcer announced as they walked down the grand staircase, "Why are our full names important? Everyone in this ball is ethier one of our friends or a part of our family," Quigley whispered to Violet.

"Your just upset your full name is Quigleforth,"

"How could you suspect otherwise?" 

"QQQ, that's a new one,"

"Okay, Eleanor,"

"It was my grandmother's name,"

"Are we supposed to dance now or something?" 

"No, I think we're supposed to do whatever now,"

"Okay, meet you outside in thrity?"

"Done," Violet replied as her and Quigley split up. Quigley went over to Jacques and Kit, "Guys, I can't do it, I won't do it. I think I love her,"

"Quagmire, do you eve-"

"Don't listen to Jacques, you can't control who you love. If Violet leaves the wicked side, then you don't need to kill her. Now if you'll excuse me, I must avoid Esme," Kit told the boy before walking off. "Quigley, we can't trust her, you have to do it, and tonight," Jacques followed his twin.

Quigley stood there, before running over to Isadora, "Help, help, help, help, help-"

"What do you want?"

"JacqueswantsmetomurderVioletasyouknowbutikindofmaybefellinlovewithher," Quigley quickily ranted to Isadora, "I didn't get any of that,"

"I fell in love with Violet," Quigley started slowly, causing someone to stop and listen.

Violet POV

I went over to Esme, "Esme, I'm not doing it,"

"Doing what?"

"Murdering Quigley,"

"Why not?"

"Because, I-we,"

"Oh my, I see what's happened. This is so out, don't you know what Quigley's mission is? To murder you, as soon as you confess your undying love, you'll be the one dying,"

"What are you talking about?"

"Go see for yourself," Esme gestured to Quigley who ran over to his triplet, Isadora, "I will, and I will be right,"

"You never can be too sure of that word these days," Esme mubled as I went towards them. "I fell in love with Violet," Quigley told Isadora. 

"And that's ba- oh wait I see,"

"How can I kill her if I'm in love with her?" So, Esme was right, he was trying to kill me, just the same as I was trying to kill him. 

Thrity minutes later we met outside, "I'm sorry," We said in unision before looking at each other confused, we both had knives to each other's throats, "Violet,"

"Quigley?"

"I can't do it," he said as he dropped the knife in defeat.

"Neither can I," I let the knife fall as well.

"Esme will kill us, Jacques will kill us-" I cut him off by softly kissing him.

"Then lets run away from it all, then we won't be spy vs. spy,"