Christmas with the Spiers

About eight years after 'Always'

Madeline, Herman, Sam, Hallie are 23

Dawn, Kristy and Mary Anne are 21

Madeline Spier walked out of the airport to see Hallie Thomas and Herman Schlafer, her best friend and her step-brother, waiting for her outside. "Get in loser, we're going shopping," Hallie yelled to her while getting in her Jeep, Herman, the one with manners helped Madeline with her bags and then got in the car after Maddie. "How does it feel to still be in college?" Hallie asked her.

"Horrid, I decided to take extra credits, so I'm graduating this spring instead of the following one," 

"What are you doing again?"

"Not working for my step-father," 

"Touche,"

"Maddie, Sam sure has missed you," Herman smirked.

"You don't know what your talking about," Madeline responded

"You guys have been broken up since the summer, but your still totally in love, why can't you two get back together?" 

"It's more complicated than that," Madeline responded.

"Well, come over soon, but here you are, Maddie, tell Richard I'm going to drop Hallie off at Watson's," Herman told her. Maddie nodded and got out of the car.

-----

"Merry Christmas!" Madeline exclaimed as she threw open the doors to the house.

"Madeline! How was your trip?" Sharon asked her adoptive step-daughter, "have you finally gone on a rebound date yet?"

"She doesn't need to be dating anyone," Richard Spier said as he walked over to Maddie, "welcome home," 

"Hello guys, and no I have not gone on a rebound date yet, I'm just focusing on school,"

"Good girl, where is Herman?"

"He's going to drop Hallie off, then come back,"

"But weren't you guys driving Hallie's car?" Sharon asked, Madeline shrugged.

"Where are the girls?"

"Dawn is upstairs, Mary Anne is with Logan, which your father is thrilled about," 

"Why would she wear shorts in winter?"

"Where exactly did they go?" Madeline asked

"To this park, I don't remember what it's called,"

"It's snowing," 

Richard shrugged, he had no idea what was going on with the world, his daughter's completely switched, he remembered when Madeline was dating the Thomas boy, but they were a lot worse than Logan and Mary Anne, Richard feared they would end up getting married. "I'm going to go upstairs," Madeline announced as she rushed up the staircase. Herman walked in, not even two seconds later with Sam. "Wait Madeline isn't home?" Sam asked Herman.

"What did you tell him Herman? You just dropped Madeline off here,"

"Fine, it was Hallie's idea,"

"Did Hallie tell you why I need to come over here?" Sam asked Herman

"No," Sam whispered something to Herman, "here I'll distract Maddie, you do you," 

"Gee thanks. Mr. Spier can I talk to you, regarding Madeline?"

-----

"I need your help, Madeline!" Herman exclaimed running into her room.

"Don't you know how to knock?"