―IX. STAR

CHAPTER IX

CHAPTER IX. THE NEXT STAR

__________________________________

I swallowed hard, anxiously wiping my hands on my jeans. Itadori shot me a reassuring smile before turning to face forward again. I did the same.

"This girl...she seems normal," An old man said, stroking his long beard. "I don't see why she should be admitted into the school."

"Nah, you guys are just old and can't see it!"

Gojo waved a hand, taking the same arm and draping it over my shoulders. He yanked me into his side, making me smile nervously at the older men. The white-haired male continued on.

"Y/n-chan is bursting with cursed energy. She's gonna be the next star of the magical school!" He said.

"Under your guidance?" Another, younger yet still older man commented, scoffing, "I highly doubt so."

"Now, give Gojo-san a little credit," A gray-haired man said. "He's kept good control of Itadori Yuuji, the vessel of Ryomen Sukuna. He's even joined us here today as proof."

"Gojo Satoru, do you formally believe that you can take and keep care of these children?" The first man asked.

"I have had students with more cursed energy than them combined before," Gojo said, straightening up, taking his arm from my shoulder. "Besides, I'm the strongest. This is easy work."

The four men looked at each other for a moment, a silent conversation, before turning back to us. "Alright. We'll administer the girl to the magical technical school. She is to be under the same supervision of Itadoir Yuuji, Kugisaki Nobara, and Fushiguro Megumi, and under your care and teachings, Gojo Satoru."

"Yup," The man said, not even bothering to bow to the men like Itadori and I did, before waving a hand over his shoulder, beckoning us after him. We jogged to catch up with his long strides. I mean, come on, this man was insanely tall.

"So...what now?" I asked, looking up at him. "I just...come to class here now?"

"You'll have to move into the dorms," Gojo said.

"D-Dorms?" I said, rubbing the back of my neck. "Can't I just...do like..cram school?"

"Mmm, no," Gojo said, making me throw my hands up. "You'd fall behind too much."

"Well, I just can't go up to my parents and say: Hey, by the way, I'm now going to this really freaky high school all the way up in the mountains to fight stuff you guys can't see, so I'll be packing up and may or may not ever come back home! See you at dinner!" I exclaimed. "I can't do that! My mother would never let me!"

"Old people are such stiffs," Gojo muttered.

"What about if you..lie?" Itadori said, looking over at me. "We could make some kind of...fake acceptance letter! Yeah, that would work, right?"