―XLIII. CREDIT

CHAPTER XLIII

CHAPTER XLIII. I'LL GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR YOUR CONTROL

__________________________________

I felt my breathing turn shallow, every breath seeming to suck the air out of my lungs rather than replace it. My heart hammered against my chest, and I could feel my hands shaking at my sides. My head throbbed with all the alarms going off in my mind. I was unable to immediately process how this man was standing in front of me. But right now, I couldn't think about that.

I reached down and swiped the small dagger around my ankle. I brought my hand up and grabbed my dad by his arm, pulling him away. The man across from us simply chuckled at my actions.

"Y/n?" My dad asked in confusion. "What are you doing? Where did you get that?"

"Get everyone out of here," I said, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"What? What are you talking about?" He frowned.

"Is everything alright in here?" My mom shuffled out of the kitchen. "Y/n! What are you doing with that?"

I flexed my hand around the handle, my gaze never leaving his cold gray eyes. He slid his hands into his pockets, grinning at me.

"Your parents are right, Y/n. You shouldn't be holding that," He hummed. "Didn't I teach you about rebellion?"

"Rebellion?" My dad grabbed my shoulder. "Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Y/n's teacher," He smiled. "Kazuhiro Eto."

Just hearing him say his own name made my stomach churn. The sour feeling swirled around and I had to force myself not to throw up. My legs felt weak, and I'm pretty sure if my feet weren't planted firmly, my legs would be shaking. My breathing went from shallow to heavy in the span of a mere second.

"You're supposed to be dead."

"What?" My dad grabbed me and tried to pull me back. "Dead? Y/n, what is going—"

"Let's just put it this way," Kazuhiro said, taking a hand from his pocket, and motioning toward me. "Your daughter here isn't who she seems."

"Y/n? What's he talking about?" My mom asked, and I could hear the worry in her voice.

They needed to get out of here. Kazuhiro didn't come here for me. He came for them. I knew that he had. He would never show up at my house unless he was going to hurt them. And how the fuck he was still even alive was past me.

"Take everyone through the back door," I glanced back at my dad.

"Y/n," He said firmly. "Explain. Now."

"Let me," Kazuhiro grinned.

"Shut up!" I yelled, snapping my head back to him. "I killed you once and I'll do it again!"