―XVIII. FOOL

CHAPTER XVIII

CHAPTER XVIII. I AM A FOOL

[warnings: blood/gore, slight psychological torture]

__________________________________

EVERYTHING was blurry. I couldn't comprehend anything that was happening. Everything that was happening was just going right back out of my memory.

What was that blur? What blur?

Was that screaming? I didn't hear anything.

Who was that? Where? I didn't see anyone.

It was mind jumbling. I felt as if my skull had been penetrated, and someone was tearing my brain apart, unraveling it and stretching it out across the way. It felt like hundreds of needles were being stuck into my eyes, pricking every damn nerve to set them ablaze. It felt like someone had their hands over my ears, but were pressing too hard, making it feel like my head was going to pop off.

Everything else was numb like I'd been doused in lidocaine. My body felt light as if I were swimming in a pool of nothingness. There wasn't a thought in my head, nothing pulling at me to try and swim back to the surface. I have succumbed under the waves, letting them drag me further and further under.

It felt like years. But then again, it only felt like mere seconds. Did time even pass? I wasn't sure. But I wasn't worried about it either. I could care less.

It felt nice here. I think I'd stay awhile.

I wasn't sure how long had passed. But one minute I was floating in my own mind, and the next, I was jolting awake as an icy blade slid across my throat.

I felt my eyes widen, my entire body stiffening. My arms jolted against the restraints; was I tied to another chair? My eyebrows scrunched together, my head snapping back in retaliation. The blade hadn't had enough pressure to cut my skin, but it was enough to scratch it and let me know it was there.

"Let her go!"

Flicking my gaze over, I saw Itadori. I flashed my eyes around the room. This was the room I was first brought in to when I was taken to the school. We were no longer in the school. Shit, how did I get here? I don't remember anything...

"She was given her chance. She failed, and now, she'll die."

I felt my entire body go rigid. Not from the words--although they were enough to make my heart skip a beat--but it was the voice in which said the words. I looked back, my teeth grinding together.

Kazuhiro. Oh my god. Fuck, I felt sick. He was holding a sword to my throat. He was going to kill me, wasn't he? But why? What the hell did I do?

"She failed, and now, she'll die."