―XXXVIII. RETURN

CHAPTER XXXVIII

CHAPTER XXXVIII. THE PRODIGY RETURNS

__________________________________

"I'm glad to see you back, Y/n,"

I smiled at Yaga, returning his greeting with a small bow. I crouched down, opening my arms as Kathy waddled over to me. I rubbed my hand over her head.

"I hope you're feeling well enough to return to your classes," He said as I rose back to my feet. "I won't allow you to be straight out to the field, but I am going to grant you permission to go back to your general classes. Your classmates have kept notes for you. Hopefully, you won't be too far behind."

"Hopefully not," I replied, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Good," He said. "Now, go catch up with your classmates and your school work."

"Yes, Sensei."

Yuuji had come back just a few days before I had. My parents were reluctant to let me even come back, but after I convinced Gojo to then convince them, I was back at the school. I did have to promise to call them every night before I went to bed and update them on how my day had gone.

To be honest, I was reluctant to come back. After dealing with Kazuhiro, I was traumatized. I took the longest way possible to get back to my classes in order to avoid the dojo room. Even just thinking about it made me sick to my stomach.

I would have guessed that word spread around the school about what happened, because as I passed people either stared or stopped to ask me if I was alright. To be honest, I wish they would just stare than come up to me. It just kept making me think about what happened.

"Y/n! You're back!"

I physically felt my body relax. I turned and watched as Yuuji jogged down the hall to catch up to me, opening his arms. He didn't try to hug me but offered. I, of course, accepted, returning his embrace.

"How are you doing?" Nobara asked, greeting me with a smile.

"Better," I said.

"You look good," She complimented.

"Here's what you missed," Megumi said, handing me a stack of papers and folders.

"Oh, um—"

"You can do all this later," Nobara said, taking the stack and throwing it on the table beside us. "I'll swing by your dorm later and help you with everything. But for now, let's celebrate! We haven't seen you in so long. We were...really scared for you."

"Thanks, guys," I said, rubbing the back of my neck sheepishly. "I'm...I'm sorry I didn't reply to any of your texts.."

"Don't worry about it!" Nobara said, waving her hand at me. "I totally understand! We'll always be here for you, just know that."