―XXVIII. HOPLOPHOBIA

CHAPTER XXVIII

CHAPTER XXVIII. HOPLOPHOBIA

WARNING: KIDNAPPING, MENTAL PLAY

__________________________________

I don't ever think I've had a headache that hurt like this. My head was pounding, making my vision blur with the pulsating pain. I couldn't focus my sight, making me blink hard to try and restore it. I slowly brought my hand under me, pushing myself up from the ground. I could see blood under me, and could only assume it had come from my head.

I pulled my knee under me, using it as leverage as I sat up, kneeling on the cold concrete. I raised my head to my forehead, touching the healed wound. I pulled my hand away, the dried blood flaking off on the tips of my fingers. I sat there for a moment, trying to pull myself together.

When I turned my head to the side, I felt my eyes go wide. I immediately scrambled forward, but yelped and fell forward as I did. I looked back, the chain clattering around as I lifted my leg. I pulled on my ankle, but no matter how hard I tugged, it just made my ankle hurt.

"Y-Yuuji!" I whispered, scared to raise my voice. "Yuuji, wake up!"

He remained unmoving across the room from me. He was lying on his side, his back facing me. It was too dark to see if he was breathing, but I thought I could hear his ragged breathing. At least, I was hoping it was his. I could also see that he was chained up too.

I turned around, grabbing the cold metal chain. I wrapped part of it around my hand and yanked as hard as I could. The chain slipped, making me curse under my breath. I tried a few more times, but it was just too strong to pull from the wall. I gave up after about an hour, shuffling to press my back to the wall. I brought my legs to my chest, resting my chin on my knees.

I was worried. Even with all the clanging metal of the chain, and my cursing, Yuuji still hadn't moved. I was starting to think the worst. I kept calling out to him, but my voice was the only response back in the echoey room.

...

Almost six hours had passed. Out of boredom, and to keep from losing my mind in the silence, I counted the seconds, then the minutes, then the hours. 21,600 seconds. After those 21,600 seconds, Yuuji began to stir.

I immediately sat forward, wincing at the shackle on my ankle cutting into my skin. I looked at him, anxiously waiting for him to roll around and face me. It took him a second to grasp what was happening as he came to, but he became aware faster than I had. He shot up in alarm.

"Y/n!"

"Shh! Yuuji, I'm right here!"

He whipped around. I saw his shoulders drop with relief. When he moved forward, I had expected him to be chained, just as I had. However, I was proved wrong as he shuffled towards me, grabbing my face in his hands.

"Are you okay?" He asked, rubbing the dried blood from my forehead.

"I'm fine," I said, grabbing his wrists. "I've been up for hours. What about you? Are you okay?"

He nodded. "Just a headache from getting my brains blew out,"

I smiled slightly. "Welcome to the unliving-but-still-somehow-alive club, Yuuji."

"I founded it," He said, making his both laugh.

Once we had both settled down and made sure the other was okay, I started to feel slightly better. Don't get me wrong, I was still terrified of what had happened and what was going to happen next, but I wasn't as afraid now that Yuuji was awake.

"I have a feeling I'm going to have an irrational fear of guns after this," I muttered, picking at the ends of my shoes. "And tight spaces."

"I'm really sorry all of this is happening," Yuuji said.

"It's not your fault," I replied, turning my head to look at him. "The only person to blame is fucking Kazuhiro. I can't wait for the sick son a bitch to get what's coming to him."

"Hey...Y/n...I don't mean to...interrupt...but—"

"Yuuji?!" I exclaimed in surprise, catching him as he slumped forward. I pushed him back against the wall, the chains around my ankles clanging together as I shifted in front of him. I grabbed his shoulders then his neck, stabilizing his head.

"H-Hey!" I yelled, fear consuming me when I watched his eyes roll back. "Y-Yuuji! H-Hey, wake up! Snap out of it, you idiot! This isn't funny!"

I jumped when the door opened. My eyes widened as Kazuhiro pushed open the heavy metal door, allowing some light from outside to spill into the room. My chest rose and fell quickly as he began to walk towards me. I held Yuuji in my arms.

"N-No, no! What are you doing?!" I yelled, scrambling back from him, pulling Yuuji with me. "Get the fuck away from me!"

"Don't be an idiot, Y/n," He said, breaking my grip as he pulled Yuuji from my hands.

"Stop! Where are you taking him?!" I yelled, scrambling onto my feet. "Kazuhiro, stop!"

He turned, kicking his boot to my stomach. I doubled over on the ground, coughing out at the sudden force. It was just enough to knock the wind from my lungs.

"I'll be back for you later," He said.

"Stop! Don't you dare fucking hurt him! Kazuhiro!"

I got back to my feet, and as I reached out to grab the back of his shirt, I reached the end of my chain. I felt my ankle pop as the hard pull, making me cry out in pain and fall back to the ground. Kazuhiro just stared down at me, the corner of his lip twitching up before he left the room, leaving the door open.

It was so close to me, but I couldn't go any further. Pain traveled up my leg from my ankle, and it only continued to get worse as I kept trying to pull myself forward, causing the shackle to pull back on my ankle. My hand was trembling, tears pricking the corners of my eyes as I watched the door slowly begin to close, before slamming shut with a loud bang.

At first, it didn't completely register in my mind. He'd taken Yuuji. God, what was he going to do to him? Was he going to kill him? Or did he take him away to kill me? I didn't know what was happening.

In order to relieve some of the pain, I slunk back to the chain was no longer taut. I curled up on my side, closing my eyes as I held my ankle.

I've never been this terrified before. 

[Chapter XXVIII. End]
[Image does not belong to me]