―XXIII. TOGETHER

CHAPTER XXIII

CHAPTER XXIII. WE'LL MAKE IT. TOGETHER

__________________________________

"MORNING, Y/n!"

I jumped in surprise, pausing as I shut the door to my dorm room. Itadori was already waiting outside, sitting on the sill of the window. He slid off when I came out, smiling as he came to my side.

"How long were you waiting there?" I asked.

"Just a few minutes," He said, shrugging. "I woke up when Fushiguro did."

"Oh," I said. "Well, are you ready then?"

"So you know?" He asked, to which I nodded. "Good. I didn't want to have to explain it all, haha,"

"I wouldn't either," I chuckled. "Gojo-sensei told me yesterday. I just don't understand why you would want to join me, Yuuji. You've already had your training."

"More training never hurts," He shrugged, falling into step beside me.

I glanced at him before turning my gaze forward. I wasn't exactly scared; I knew Itadori could handle it because he was a lot stronger than I was. But I was still wary. He had never been around Kazuhiro before, and I didn't know how they would react to each other. Especially with how intense he was.

I'm pretty sure it would be fine.

Maybe.

Hopefully.

I shook the thoughts from my head as I reached forward, grabbing the door that led into the dojo. I slid the heavy door open, revealing Kazuhiro, who stood in the middle of the floor, waiting for us. He grinned as I nodded for Itadori to walk in, then slid the door so it was almost cracked, but not fully closed.

"Welcome!" The older male greeted. "We're glad to have you here, Itadori-kun! Aren't we, Y/n?"

I felt my eye twitch in annoyance. Normally, I wouldn't care about the usage of my first name--Gojo-sensei used it--but just the sound of it coming from Kazuhiro's mouth irked me.

"Of course," I muttered through grit teeth. Itadori glanced at me in the corner of his eye.

"Why don't the two of you get dressed? We've got work to do," Kazuhiro said. "I'm sure Y/n can show you where to change."

"C'mon," I said, grabbing his wrist.

Itadori followed as I led him to a small room off to the side. He glanced over his shoulder, his eyes slightly narrowing before I shut the door.

"Alright, I don't like this guy," He said, turning to look back at me.

"You don't like him?" I scoffed a little, opening a small drawer, tossing out the clothes I wore for training. "Try wearing that."