𝟷𝟼

ʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴀᴡᴀʏ

Please Read: I just wanted to put a TW for emotional/physical abuse and neglect, please don't read this chapter if you aren't comfortable. (Ps I will always put a TW before hand if anything triggering happens. You can also always talk to me if you need )
:)

March 1994
Aged 6

It had been a year, a year of the same bickering, taunting, and shouting. She hated it, she hated it so much. She just wanted to go home, she just wanted her old life back. The same parents, friends, even her school.

There wasn't anything physical about the abuse, well not yet, but she was crushed nonetheless. Every pinch of her personality had been broken and torn down. She felt less than nothing, like a shadow of the child she once was.

"Stop daydreaming, you uncontrollable brat!" Her aunt boomed "you know the three of us are going to dinner, yet you just stand around like the insufferable child you are!" Vera had learned to ignore these insults, the same things had been screamed at her other and other again.

One of the only good things in her life was her friend Suzie, Suzie had seen how upset her friend had looked and shared her sweets to take home with her, With the hope it would make her feel better.

Her aunt, uncle, and cousin were all going out for dinner tonight which meant she had to make something for herself, she was so hungry, practically starved. She grabbed the sweets her friend Suzie had given her and started eating, leaving the wrappers on the floor.

"Vera! Get me some biscuits I'm famished."
Cassidy ordered, the small girl made her way downstairs, grabbing a plate and piling the biscuits on.

She raced upstairs, not wanting to get told off for taking her time, "Here you are." She mumbled placing the plate neatly down on a nearby table.

"Vera! Come here this instant." Her aunt screamed, her voice sounded like it was coming from her room so she ran over. She was terrified of what she had done to make Camila so angry.

She saw her aunt and uncle standing in the doorway of her 'bedroom' both looking like they were about to burst with anger.

"You messy, little bitch!" Her uncle boomed grabbing her by the neck both of them watching her struggle to breathe, the tearing welling in her eyes spilled down her face.

He grabbed his cigarette from his other hand and burned it into Vera's arm, her screams filled the entire house. Her screams were filled with terror, there was no sign of empathy on either of their faces, they were enjoying it.

They shoved her into her 'bedroom' and locked the door, she didn't see them for 8 hours. No food, no water, after a little while her screams stopped, nobody was going to help her, nobody cared.

The thing with being in the care of a person who is so consumed by their own greed and selfishness that other people simply don't exist to them, She didn't exist to them.

She spent the next few years hiding in her dark bedroom with the door closed because she felt safe in there. Because she spent so long in there she had time to think, time to think about her future, to think about how she would never treat anyone how she was treated.

Because she hated her life, she hated it, she so desperately hoped someone, anyone would find her and help her.

She was so tired of fighting.

A/n
The next few chapters have something very exiting coming!