16. Family, Friends, Foes

Family, Friends, Foes

Mystic Falls, 2010

Caroline sat next to Klaus in his bed, a look of satisfaction and contentment on her face. After a night of… daring escapades, they both ended up in his bed, but she was too wired to get any rest. Instead, she sat curled next to him, wearing nothing but his shirt, playing with his fingers and talking to him.

Caroline hadn't felt this happy in a very long time. She was sure she was glowing.

Of course, she knew they wouldn't be able to stay like this for long. They still had things to do, first and foremost of which was getting the last of the coffins. After this was done, Caroline was unsure of what would happen next. She knew he wanted to awaken his family, but is Caroline knew Klaus, which she did, she realized that he would be hesitant and it would take some convincing from her (and Elijah she gathered) to do so.

She also knew that she shouldn't just focus on Klaus' problems; she had quite a few of her own. Her friends, for one. She didn't want to stay like this indefinitely. Cut off from them. That's the last thing she wanted.

Well, she would just have to find a way to convince them that she was genuine and that Klaus was not pure evil as they thought he was.

Thinking on this dampened Caroline's spirits and, in a moment of silence between her and the Original, she tried to get up from the bed. Klaus, of course, would have none of it and immediately pulled her back to him protest, causing her to sit in between his legs, with his strong arms wrapped around her waist.

"Klaus." She sighed. "I really have to get up, you know we have a lot to do." Though outwardly she looked to be annoyed, she was smiling widely on the inside, thinking of all the times he used to do the same thing back in the 1550s.

She's missed this. Him.

"No." Klaus practically growled, his lips moving against her ear, causing a shiver to run down Caroline's spine. She struggled half-heartedly for a moment, but knew she wouldn't be able to escape the cage of his arms. Not that she really wanted to.

But, Caroline had a few tricks of her own. She twisted her head so she was looking up at Klaus and the minute his eyes met hers, she leant up and kissed him. She pushed all of her passion and love into that kiss, deepening it quickly. Her hands came up to tangle in his curls, and she pulled his head closer to her. Eventually his arms around her waist loosened and Caroline realized foggily through her pleasure that this was her chance. She was almost tempted to stay where she was, however.

Almost.

The next thing Klaus knew, Caroline was standing across the room, free from his embrace and a wide, triumphant smirk playing at her lips.

"Vixen." Klaus stated, still reclining in the bed, realizing that she'd tricked him.

Caroline laughed, before smiling sunnily at him "At your service, m'lord." She replied mockingly, throwing in a small, playful curtsy. Klaus stood and approached her, almost predatorily. She laughed a little as she backed up, feigning escape. When Klaus was close, she blurred so she was behind him. She almost made it away before he grabbed her forearm, using his superior speed against her. He pulled her close against him, until she was flush against his chest. His head was swooping down, his lips only a few centimeters from hers. Caroline knew that they really didn't have time for any more... distractions. "So what's going to happen now?" She interrupted quickly, stopping Klaus in his path. He let a small, disappointed groan in response before giving her a knowing smile, to which she only shrugged. "What have you and Elijah been scheming about?"