01. Isabelle

Milo

I'm walking down the hall towards the conference room when I stop and here my fathers voice.

"We need to talk." He says as I continue to walk.

I roll my eyes and finally stop to look at him.

"There's nothing to talk about." My tone is firm and serious.

My father then flies a hand through his hair and give me a hard glare.

"We have discussed this Milo. I'm handing you leadership and in order to be respected, you must marry."

Over my dead fucking body. I turn around and continue to walk down the dark hall until I hit the double doors to the conference room.

"Great chat dad but I'm pretty busy right now." I say not even giving him a glance as I open the doors and see all my men.

My father stepped down from his role as the leader of our mafia. He's only forty four. Still very young, but he wanted more time with Amelia, my mother.

I was more than happy to take the responsibility of being the new don. My father and his father raised me into learning everything there is. I started my training when I turned ten and even though my mother wasn't fond of it, I still did it. I wanted to be someone. And now I am.

As I look towards all my men and see they all have their eyes on me. Some with gratitude and respect. Some with fear. The ones scared of me make me grin. I've built a reputation over the years to be one of the most ruthless men in the Italian mafia. Which sometimes makes me want to laugh considering who my mother is.

Amelia Wolfe being the definition of a lovey dovey sunshine girl.

I'd do anything for her. So that's why I had to become the best of the best. And the worst of the worst.

She's not happy with who I've become but I know she still loves me. And I do her.

I make my way towards to the head of the chair and sit down.

"Tell me what you've got?" I ask my men.

They all look around like they're too afraid to speak. This causes my jaw to clench with annoyance and anger. Thankfully, someone speaks up.

"There has been talk about the Garcia family working with the Americans. About trading weapons and information."

I look towards the man that spoke and give him a single nod. I can literally see the breath of relief that leaves his mouth at my approval.

"Well," I stand up and fix my suit jacket. "looks like we have to build an alliance. I'll talk with the leader of the Garcia family and discuss some sort of agreement. There's no way in hell that they'll work with the Americans."

After leaving the conference room, I spot my father again. I groan but head towards him anyway.

He gives me a knowing look and I want to roll my fucking eyes right in front of him. 

"So you've heard." Is all he says.

I let out an amused breath and nod at him, "Is this why you're so set on me marrying? But not just marrying anyone, marrying the daughter of Lorenzo Garcia?"

I want to gag by just saying his name.

The Garcia family and the Wolfe family have had some issues through out generations. We're both Italian families so that is what keeps the peace, sometimes, but other than that, they're reckless and just a bunch of assholes that don't know when to leave us the fuck alone.

When my father gives me a smirk I want to punch something.

Preferably Lorenzo Garcia.

"There's no way in fucking hell that I'm marrying that woman. In plus, isn't she not of age yet?"

Last time I checked, she's seventeen and a real pain in my ass.

The one and only time I've met her was last year at the peace ball where all the mafias come together for one single peaceful night.

The moment we made eye contact, I knew I wouldn't like her. She wouldn't leave my ass alone. Kept saying how bad her feet hurt in her six inch heels or how I need to smile more.

That woman has no sense of personal space. Or the fact that she's so annoying I want to rip my own ears out.

"Well son, I'm afraid you don't have a choice. Since I'm still the don of the mafia until you marry, I've already scheduled a meeting for all of us to meet." My father says then pats my shoulder.

"This will be good for us, Milo." He gives me a tight smile and then leaves.

~~~

It's Sunday afternoon and me, my father, my mother, and two of my men are sitting in one of our coffee shops waiting for the Garcia's to arrive.

"I remember just how pretty she was from the ball last year!" My mother exclaims to my father. "Oh gosh, I should've baked something for today." Face palming her head, I chuckle and my father just looks at her with love and adoration.

"It's okay, Lia. We're in a coffee shop. I'm sure there are some things in the back you can bring out if you want." My mother looks at my father with a big smile and then she's off towards the back to look for anything to bring out.

"She's not meant for this life father." I say with a serious expression on my face as we both look towards the back where she ran off too.

My father sighs and then looks to me. "I know."

I look to him.

"That's why you're so hell bent on me marrying. Because you want to bring her out of this life." It was more of a statement then a question. I know him too well to know that he'd kill every soul on this earth to make sure my mother is safe and protected.

"You're nearly thirty son, it's time to settle down with a wife and hopefully children soon. I know you've dedicated so much time for our mafia, but it's time to dedicate your time to something else. Well more like someone else."

I glare at him, but he keeps talking.

"I don't trust the Garcia's, but we need to form an alliance. I'm trusting you to make that happen. I may have been the one to make this meeting happen. But you're the one who has to make this marriage happen."

Before I can say anything, the bell on the front door chimes and we all look up to see three men and two women walk in. But I only have my eyes on one of the women.

Isabelle.