05. The Wedding

I decided to say fuck waiting for 2022 and start posting chapters now. Where's my kiss?

Milo

It's the end of the month. The day of my wedding is upon us.

In approximately four hours. My backyard will be filled with family, friends, and associates of the mafia.

In approximately fours hours, I will be a married man.

In approximately fours hours, I will be married to a woman who I haven't seen in two weeks after she saw me fuck Claudia, one of my whores.

After she caught me in that comprising position, it felt wrong in a way. Maybe I'm just stressing over this wedding shit, but seeing the look on her face after she caught me made me feel guilty in a way. And then when I walked out of the room and saw Liams hands on her waist, I flipped.

She is my wife. She is mine.

I'm standing in front of my floor to ceiling window that gives me the perfect view of the backyard. I watch as workers are getting everything set up. I see Isabelle's mother screaming and giving orders to everyone and anyone. I take a sip of my scotch before placing it down to finish buttoning up my shirt.

My door behind me opens then closes and I know it's Liam by the heaviness of his footsteps. Liam will be my second in command once I take the role of being the official Don. He is also my best friend of ten years.

"Wow man," he whistles as he stops right next to me and watches everything come to play below us. "you're about to be a married man. And to a beautiful woman for that matter."

My jaw tightens and I take another sip of my scotch.

"Child."

"What?" He asks confused.

"She is a child. She is eighteen, barely even an adult." I state and he rolls his eyes.

"But she is an adult. Remember that okay? You can't keep treating her like a child. She'll never love you if you don't respect her."

"I don't care about her love." I spit out before chugging the rest of my drink.

"Okay man. But you should maybe be nicer to her. She did feel really good on top of me two weeks ago. I wouldn't want you to miss out." Liam grins at me and without warning, I slam my fist into his face.

"Fuck dude!" He groans, spitting out blood.

"I was just fucking with you! But now I know that you care." Liam sends me a wink before leaving my room.

Asshole.

I walk further into my room to finish getting ready for the afternoon.

~~~

The music starts playing and everyone stands up and faces the double doors that opened to reveal my future wife.

Watching as Isabelle and her father walk down the isle towards me sent shivers down my spine and my hands to become clammy.