12. No One Loves Me

Isabelle

Now, I've never had a hangover before but what I'm feeling right now feels pretty damn close to one.

There's a beeping sound near me and I wave my hand around to try to stop the noise thinking that it's my alarm or something, but when I try to move my hand I feel someone holding it. It's warm and muscular and when I finally open my eyes, I see that I'm in a hospital room. My head is throbbing like there's no tomorrow and the bright lights cause me to wince. I try to move again and this time when I do, the person who's holding my hand shoots up from their sleep and I look to see that it's Milo.

"Tesoro." He gets up from his sitting position and comes to cradle my face with his large hands.

What the fuck happened?

I try to open my mouth to speak but my throat is so dry that I slam it shut due to the pain. I look over to the glass of water and Milo picks it up to bring it to my mouth. I take three large gulps of it before clearing my throat and try to speak again.

"What happened?" I croak out. My voice is raspy and low and it hurts like a bitch to talk but hey, A for effort.

Milo's face contorts to anger but his hold on me is delicate.

"You were shot."

My eyes widen at his words and then it hits. Me running away. The gunshots. A man chasing Lucia. Another man pulling the trigger right when I got to her.

"Lucia! Oh my god is she okay?!" I try to sit up but a wave of pain hits my stomach and I fall back down on the bed with a cry.

"Please don't move. Here, I'll go get the doctor." He rushes out of the room and I'm only alone for about thirty seconds before he comes back with an older man wearing a white coat.

"How are you feeling Miss Garcia—"

"Mrs. Wolfe." Milo growls at the doctor.

The doctor looks startled but quickly corrects himself and comes around the bed to check my vitals.

"I'm okay." I tell him with a weak smile while he starts writing stuff down.

"Good news, the bullet didn't hit any major organs. You will be sore for a few weeks so be sure to rest and take your medication. Other than that, you are free to go." He smiles at me before leaving the room. I just got fucking shot. Shouldn't I be staying here for more then a day?

"I think we should get another doctor. I don't think that man knew what he was saying." I tell Milo.

He furrows his brows and tilts his head at me confused, "What do you mean?"

"I don't know. I just feel like I should be here longer so they can check up on me." I shrug.

"You've been here long enough. I want you home now." He starts gathering things and placing them in a bag.

"I hardly doubt a day is long enough." I scoff shaking my head. I look up to see Milo staring at me frozen. What the fuck?

"What?"

He sighs and comes up to sit down next to me. I slightly move back and he winces at the action.