13. Family

Isabelle

"I promise, I'm okay." I shove Milo away from me as I walk down the stairs.

Milo hasn't left my side since I was cleared to leave the hospital a week ago. I'm not going to lie and say that I hate it because I don't, but I feel like I'm being suffocated when he's in my space 24/7. I like having my me time but ever since I was shot, that shit went right out the window. I'm somewhat thankful that he doesn't sleep with me anymore because I'm still kind of upset about what went down between us but he makes me leave the bedroom door open in case he needs to come get me if anything happens. He's now like a big ole teddy bear...who still scares the shit out of me sometimes.

I take my steps down the stairs slowly and every time I wince, his hands are back on me basically lifting me up and carrying me down. I can't ignore the way my body heats up whenever he touches me. My heart starts to beat faster and my hands become clammy but I keep my face stoic so he can't see the affect he has on me.

"Dammit Milo! Let me do it!" I shout when he lifts me up and carries me down the steps. He obviously ignores me and I groan, giving up.

Once he places me back on the ground, I turn on my heel and start stomping away. Well, more like wobbling away because the side of my stomach still hurts, but it's not as bad as it was last week. I started doing some stretches to help with my muscles and they've been helping me a lot actually. I can walk almost normally now but I have to go slow. It's annoying but healing takes time.

When I make it to the living room, I see Lucia sitting on the couch playing with her dolls. She looks up when she hears me and squeals dropping her dolls and running towards me. Before the little girl is able to jump on me, Milo lifts her up and starts swinging her around like an airplane. She starts to giggle and scream when Milo tickles her sides.

My ovaries are screaming right now.

God, I'm horny.

When Milo places her back down on the ground, Lucia hesitantly walks up to me and wraps her tiny arms around my legs.

"Are you okay?" She says into my leg, squeezing me tighter. I smile and start slowing bending down until I'm at her height level.

"I'm okay." I tell her and she wraps her arms around my neck and I wrap mine around her tiny frame.

"I know I already said this like a gazzilion times but you were sleeping so I'm going to say it again. Thank you thank you thank you for saving my life!"

I want to cry because she's so goddamn cute it hurts. I give her a little squeeze before letting go of her.

"Of course." I smile at the little girl and her eyes light up. She runs back over to the couch to continue playing with her dolls and I try to stand back up but struggle. I moan in slight pain and Milo is already right there helping me up. Once I'm fully up, Milo keeps his hands on my waist and I don't object.

"Thank you." I smile up at him and his grip on my waist tightens just slightly. He looks from my eyes to my lips and I catch myself doing the same. God, I really miss his touch. It ignites the fire in me and I just want him to burn with me. I have to look away from his intense stare because it's making me really horny right now. Milo leans down and nuzzles his head into the crook of my neck and takes a big inhale.