XVIII

Chapter Eighteen:
Sliver of Freedom

At first Moon-jo didn't know what to do with his new found freedom. He didn't know whether to take a shower, or to make a bunch of tooth braclets for everyone out of friendship, or whatever humans call it.

He didn't know why everyone stared at him with hesitation in their eyes.

Well, that last part was a lie. He knew exactly why they stared at him like that.

Like he was going to snap any minute and start charging at them and take all their teeth. It sounded appealing to him sure but he wasn't actually going to do it. Contrary to popular belief he did have some human decency, though he wasn't even human so why he still had it was confusing.

Besides most of them looked as though they had never taken care of their teeth.

And everybody knows that Villians are somehow the ones with the best teeth. So he'll leave them alone for now.

Instead he was sat on the floor of the day care teaching the kids how to make teeth into jewlery.

"So you have to take this part right here see? And you have to make a little hole inside the tooth and then fill it with glue so that you can clip it to your preferred accessories." He showed them how his kits worked and everything he had learned.

Both children were oddly fascinated with the concept of his special jewlery so they stayed and learned. Neither of them wanted to step away from "Mister Moon", which they had nicknamed him, and his oddly calming voice.

"Mister Moon, do you make rings too?" Su-yeong spoke up looking up at the man who nodded excitedly.

"I can make you both matching rings if you want?"

He finally found what he would do with his freedom, spend it with two children who also seemed to have a fascination with teeth.

Moon-jo made it his mission to form these two tiny humans into miniature versions of himself. But without all the family trauma.

He would become to these kids what he never had himself. A father figure.

"Moon-jo."

Cutting his thoughts off he looked up, making eye contact with Eun-hyuk who had been standing there watching him and the kids for about 20 minutes.

"Yes silky hair?"

"Go find Hyun-su you both need to be checked up again."

The older boy pouted and slumped forward with a sigh, then he patted the two children on the top of the head and heaved himself up to go find his pretty boy.

"I'll make you both rings later okay? For now you just practice making jewlery with the extra teeth I have."

Then he walked out the daycare sad he had to leave his two tea cup humans, but excited to tease the boy he had a small crush on.

Feelings were very weird.

Very very weird.