The Other King

As quickly as I got a glimpse of the magnificent man, my vision was blocked by Ny-ell's magic. I tried to fan away the orange mist, hoping to see him again. But just like last time, when the cloud faded away, we were in a new location.

        However, this place I recognized.

Ny-ell lazily sauntered over to his velvet beanbag and collapsed with a dramatic sigh. I took a minute to shuffle over to his couch, still thinking of the man I had seen. His eyes were so beautiful, were they silver? Or pale blue? I didn't get a good look, which irritated me a little bit.

          "Oh! I should probably feed my cat." Ny-ell threw me a sneaky grin and hopped right back up, making his way to the kitchen.

           I didn't even respond, I was too busy thinking about him. Thinking about those three seconds that our eyes locked. He was so tall! Was he a Werewolf like Alpha Maximus? Why was he there at the party? Surely he wasn't just another guest - I could tell just by looking at him that he had more power and authority than anyone else there.

            I sighed dreamily and propped my chin up with my hand. What color was his hair again? It was some dark color... And I vaguely recalled making out some facial hair on his jaw. He had to have been someone important, as everyone was bowing their head to him. At least I think they were?

            "-llllo? Helloo?" My friend was calling for my attention from the kitchen.

            I turned my head to look at him, "Oh. What?"

            Ny-ell gave me a look. "I said more smoothies! Come, come! Drink this Kitten!"

            "Oh. Okay, thank you." I made my way over to him, struggling to clear my mind of the man.

            He pushed a purple drink into my hand as he drank one for himself. I made a mental note to ask him later about his obsession with smoothies.

             "Ny-ell?" I asked, "Who was that man? The one... The one who pushed open the doors so loudly?"

              The fairy hid a mischievous grin behind the glass raised to his lips. "Hmmm..." he hummed, "So you did see him after all.. Oh darn. And did he see you as well?"

              I furrowed my brows, "I-I think so. Our eyes met. Only for a few seconds, but.." I said in a disappointment voice.

              His eyes brightened up, "Oh really?" He chuckled, "Things are finally getting interesting. How fun."

I faced Ny-ell, "So? Who was he? Do you know him?" I asked.

He raised an eyebrow, "What a curios Kitty Cat! Tell me pet, what do you know our your Alpha King?"

We both sipped our smoothies as I pondered his question. "Well, I've had the honor to meet him one time. My Father and brothers have worked in the royal palace before. My Father has a high clearance job working in the castle's security unit, so I've been to a few Galas and events at the palace.." I trailed off.

Ny-ell watched me with a smirk.

             He leaned in towards me, resting his elbows on his knees. "I'll make a deal with you, Kitten. I'll tell you all you want about that man, everything I know..."

               I held his gaze, "....But?"

               "But! But you have to stop asking to go home." He smiled wickedly and leaned back in his seat.