The Plan

Morning came rather quickly. Ny-ell had once again kindly let me sleep in his bed, and again had given me some Men's clothing to sleep in. I was grateful - Both the bed and clothes were comfy.

       A large part of me missed home. I had never been away from my Father or brothers before, and their sudden absence left me feeling vulnerable.

       Surely they know I never made it to my Aunts house by now, right? It's been what, three days now? Four? They're probably worried sick. I'm sure Anthony would be teasing me with 'I told you so's' right now.

        As much as I wanted to pester Ny-ell on the matter of going home, I remembered our agreement.  He held up his end of the deal and now I had to hold up mine. Which meant quit asking about home.

I sighed and rose out of bed, walking to the bathroom. My stomach twisted in nervousness for the hundredth time already as I remembered our conversation. His words from last night still danced around my head. 'You and I will be quite busy tomorrow.'

Just what does he have planned?!

And knowing Ny-ell, it's going to cause some trouble. Lots and lots of trouble.

I borrowed his brush for combed out my long hair. As I washed my face, my mind drifted to our discussion last night.

          He has something that belongs to King Bron... And he plans to return it today, with me. So will we see Bron again? Will he be angry? Ny-ell mentioned that he's always angry... He sure looked angry yesterday in the woods. And just what did that fairy steal from him?!

          My heart sped up at another thought. After we return this stolen thing to Bron, will Ny-ell take me home? It's been days, surely this is the last thing he has to do before sending me back!
           Right?

           I frowned as I stared at myself in the mirror. Ny-ell probably won't take me back home until King Bron gives him what he wants. So today, I'll try my best to help make that happen. Hopefully Ny-ell's taunting the Werewolf will be enough to retrieve his lost item. Bron gets what he want, and my friend gets what he wants. Win, win.

           And then Annabella goes back home!

           I smiled, feeling a bit more confident. I still don't know why Ny-ell needed me for this little mission, but I couldn't bother myself with the question too much. Who cares? Just help Ny-ell convince the King to return the item, and I'll be heading back home. Easy. I hope.

I finished in the bathroom and trudged to the kitchen. "Ny-ell?"

He suddenly appeared, rushing towards me. The playfulness left his young face and a more determined expression took over. Well, apparently he's ready to go.

"Come along, Kitten." He said quickly, passing right by me and grabbing my hand.

I whipped around, suddenly being dragged by the fairy towards the door. "W-Woah, wait! Wait, I'm still in your clothes-"

"No time for minding clothing! Come, off we go." He said, hurrying me with him. He glanced down at his watch, "We have less time than I thought."

              Ny-ell's plans for us concerned me. "Less time...? Less time for what?" I asked.

            He snapped his fingers, and a cloud of orange mist surrounded us. I searched his face, waiting for a response. As quickly as it engulfed us, the cloud of magic disappeared.

Now, we stood in some sort of study room.

             It was massive. Ny-ell released his hold on me and hurried to the large oak desk behind us. I stared up at the tall bookcases lining the walls in awe. The huge office seemed incredibly old, but taken care of and well preserved.