The Alpha Blood

When the twins agreed to help us, we got to work straight away. When it was time to go back through the vent and hallway, J'Mara laughed until she cried. "You've been doing this everyday?!"

Her sister was more suspicious than amused by the strange passageway. But thankfully they could sense the seriousness of the situation, and saved their questions for later. Ny-ell's playfulness was long gone as he quickly took over the discussion, explaining to them what had happened to his mate and what his plan was.

"That's awful..." J'Mara commented afterwards, with a hand over her chest.

Her sister looked less sympathetic, "It is awful. But... But going up against a King? The Alpha King of the Mainland realm? If we get caught-"

"My plan ensures that no one gets caught." Ny-ell spoke from above us. The twins and I sat on the floor of the library in a circle, while he paced back and forth.

Katara's eyebrow rose, "How so?"

"Innkalle hittalle." He said.

J'Mara giggled and Katara stood, "Innkalle hittalle...? That.. That ancient potion would require so many different resources, so many ingredients. It could take days!"

I was about to voice my question when J'Mara whispered to me, "Innkalle hittalle is an old potion that can only be created by Witches. It's like summoning someone from a different realm. Or teleporting someone from another realm to where you are."

My mouth formed an 'o' in understanding. So we'd teleport Otis out of King Speerburn's dungeons, and to Otherland, with us.

Ny-ell nodded, "Yes, the ingredients are many. But they are nothing that isn't available to us here in Otherland. We will get what we need tonight.
It's difficult, but doable."

"Available to us here?! And where will we find the blood of an Alpha?" J'Mara threw her hands up as she spoke. "Anyone know an Alpha who'd be willing to give us some of his blood?!"

"Oh! Alpha Maximus!" I chimed in.

The twins stared at me while Ny-ell rubbed his chin in concentrated thought.

            "I've met him twice now! He's very kind. Ny-ell, you and I could visit his Pack and ask for what we need. Girls, maybe while we're gone you could gather whatever you can?" I said.

            The Fairy nodded his head.

            Now J'Mara spoke up, "But how will you ask an Alpha for a sample of his blood?!"

            Ny-ell's hand pulled me to my feet, "We will come to that issue when we get there. Twins, please go find what you can. Here," He tossed Katara a small object, "Wait for us when you're finished."

My eyes caught sight of the object in her hands. It looked very similar to the round little item the Fairy gave to me weeks ago, the Teleporter. So they'll teleport to us when we're done, I suppose.

            Before I even said goodbye, a puff of orange clouds spread around us. The Fairy threw a lazy arm around me as the clouds covered us completely. And when it faded away, we stood outside in the darkness, near Alpha Maximus's territory.

            I linked my arm around his arms we began to walk towards a large building. It was the same one as the party we had gone to weeks ago, when we met Alpha Maximus, his Luna, and when I first saw Bron.

             A smile grew on my lips at the seemingly distant memory. It felt like it was so long ago. And Bron was so angry.

             A scoff pulled me out of my thoughts. I turned to look at Ny-ell, who stared ahead with a bemused expression. "Kitty, do you ever not think about King Bron?"