Sports Festival III

The Same Day
Commenter Room
First One-On-One Match
(Y/N) POV

Present Mic: Hey guys, are you ready!!? We've got a bunch in store for you!! It's here that you will brawl!!

Me: And the only person you can rely on is yourself!

Present Mic: You don't have to be a hero to have to face such trials in life! You get it, right!!?

Me: This will test your body, your skills, your very soul, your wisdom and intuition!!

Present Mic: Everyone mobilizes and get your butts out here!!

We wait for a few moments for the contestants to enter the arena made by Cementoss.

Me: 1st match! Midoriya Izuku vs Shinso Hitoshi!!

Present Mic: The rules are simple! Whoever make their opponent unable to move or throw them out from the ring or make them fall or make them surrender win!

Me: Feel free to not holding back! We have Recovery Girl waiting in the wings! But don't endanger each others' lives! If the situation become shitty, Cementoss will stop the match!

I then saw Shinso talked with Midoriya about something.

Present Mic: READY.... START!!

Right after he announced the match, Midoriya rush at his opponent and said something.

Right after he speak, he stopped moving and just stand still on his place.

Present Mic: As soon as the match started, Midoriya came to a full stop?!

Me: There's no helping it now. That's why me and Aizawa-kun keep saying the entrance exam is illogical.

Present Mic: Huh? What?

Aizawa: Here, looking at their data, it's easy to see. As it'd come to one-on-one battles, me and (Y/N) pulled their files.

Me: Shinso failed the heroics practical skills exam but since he applied for the General Department, he'd probably expected as much.

Aizawa: So despite the fact that his quirk is a force to be reckoned with, he couldn't earn any points in the entrance exam due to its particular rules.

Suddenly Midoriya turned around and began to walked out from the arena.

Present Mic: Ah, Midoriya!!!!!!?

Shinso Hitoshi.

Quirk: Brainwash.

He can make anyone who answers him do his bidding. Of course whether or not his quirk activates when someone answers him depends on whether he's consciously willing it.

Me*thought*: Midoriya should be able to win. All he needed was a strategy against brainwash. But if the situation has gone this far, then the match has been decided.

When Midoriya was about to get out from the arena, he suddenly stopped walking.

Me: Hmm?

I then noticed his fingers shined.

He created a shockwave using his fingers and freed himself from the spell.

Me*thought*: So he managed to break the spell. But the question is, how can he activated his quirk when he's under Shinso's control?

I then noticed All Might was waiting at where Midoriya came out earlier.

Me*thought*: And from what I saw all this time, Midoriya and All Might are really close. What is their relationship? Master and student? Man, now I'm really curious. I think I'll make an investigation about Midoriya.