Old Friend

A Few Years Ago
A fancy restaurant
??? POV

Me: What do you want from me?

I asked as I took a seat in front of my friend. He contacted me this morning inviting me out to a dinner.

Friend: Come on, let's place our order first.

I just sighed and looked at the menu that the waiter gave to me.

Me: I'll take this and this. Thank you.

Friend: As for me, I'll just take this and a coke please.

The waiter took the menu and bowed before walking away.

Me: So...? Just to inform you, I don't want to ruin your relationship with that girlfriend of yours.

Friend: Haha, what are you talking about? She and I aren't dating.

Me: Yet.

Me: Anyway, let's get back to business. What do you want to talk about?

Friend: Kaina, as you know, I have never been a fan of this hero society.

Me: I guess it's because of your past.

From what he said to me, he never told anyone about his past and I was the first to know. Why? Maybe because we have something in common.

We both hate this society we're living in. A twisted world where heroes were blinded and deafen by fame while villains were trying to protect their rights as human beings. However, both of us are heroes. How ironic.

Me: Well, what are you gonna do? Turn your back against them now?

Friend: Not now, at least. I'll make sure that bastard pay for what he had done first.

I let out a sad smile.

Me: Then, I guess I'll be in the Tartarus first.

Friend: Oh? You can see the future now?

Me: Of course not. It's just... Maybe I'll commit something that will make me prison in that place sooner or later since I'm so done with my job.

Friend: I see.

He smiled.

Friend: Hey, don't worry. In case that happens, then I'll save you from there once I get my revenge.

I smiled too.

Me: That's so sweet of you, (Y/N). Maybe I'll marry you after that.

(Y/N): Haha, that will only happen if there's no one manage to steal my heart by that time come.

Me: Oh? I sense a worthy challenger.

We started to laugh after that.

(Y/N): Haha, are you for real?

Me: Haha, of course not. You are not my type.

A lie. If the time comes where he really saves me, I'll really just tell him my feeling.